About this download
- When charging with the USB Charging AC Power Adaptor or the PC which is in standby or hibernation mode, the battery life might be shorter.
- After NO DATABASE or NO DATA shows up, the unit might not be recognized by the PC though it is connected.
- Enable WMA format support.
- Network WALKMAN NW-A605/607/608 with firmware version 1.0 and 1.1.
Download Filename: NW-A600_V2_0.exe
Download Size: 6.55 MB (6,876,408 Bytes)
Originally posted:17 January 2007
- NW-A600 Series Firmware Update Program Version 2.0
- Windows XP
Please follow the procedure below to check the firmware version installed on your NW-A608/607/605 WALKMAN:
- Press and hold the DISP/FUNC button until the Function menu appears.
- Rotate the Shuttle switch to select Music Library and press the (PLAY/STOP) button.
- Press and hold the SEARCH/MENU button in stop mode until the Setting menu appears.
- Rotate the Shuttle switch to select Advanced Menu and press the (PLAY/STOP) button.
- Rotate the Shuttle switch to select Information and press the (PLAY/STOP) button.
- Confirm the firmware version at option [4:] by rotating the Shuttle switch.
- Create the following folder on the C:\ drive of your computer: FWUP
- Save the program to C:\FWUP
- Check that the downloaded file NW-A600_V2_0.exe is 6.55 MB. If not, delete the file and repeat the download steps.
Once the download is finished, please follow the steps below to upgrade the program.
- Make sure that at least there is 3MB of free space left on the Walkman before launching the update.
- Connect the unit to the PC.
- Exit all the software running on your computer.
- Click Start button on the task bar and click Run - The Run dialog box will be open.
- Browse to C:\FWUP\NW-A600_V2_0.exe in the Open text box and click OK. The program will be started.
- Follow the following screenshots
*Please do not disconnect the USB cable during upgrading.
*During upgrading, USB connection is automatically controlled and USB Connect indication is off with the control. Also, the USB disconnect message may appear on some computer.
- Accept the License Agreement and click Next.
- Connect the Walkman to your computer and click OK.
- Close all the programs and click OK.
- Click OK to start the update process.
- The Update process is ongoing.
- Firmware has been successfully updated, click Finish.
Please confirm the version when the upgrade program is installed successfully with the above steps. The upgrade program installation is succeeded when “2.0” is shown on the screen.