Why is the battery not charging even though the IC recorder is connected to a USB port of the computer?
The battery is not charging even though the IC recorder is connected to a USB port of the computer.
In the following cases, it will not be possible for you to charge the battery.
- System requirements of the computer have not been met.
A USB hub or a USB extension cable is used.
Connecting the IC recorder with a USB hub or a USB extension cable is not guaranteed. Connect the IC recorder directly to the computer.
- More than two USB devices are connected to the computer
Connecting more than two USB devices to the computer is not guaranteed. Connect only the IC recorder to the computer.
- The computer is turned off.
After turning on the computer, connect the IC recorder.
- Playing back messages or files using the built-in speaker
While playing back messages or files using the built-in speaker, you cannot charge the battery. Stop the play back, and then connect the IC recorder to the computer.
- or is flashing on the display window on the IC recorder.
While or is flashing instead of the remaining battery/charging indicator, the battery cannot be charged.
Charge the battery in an environment with a temperature of from 5 Celsius degree to 35 Celsius degree.
- Remove the IC recorder from the computer and connect it again.
- When the computer has two or more USB connectors, try to connect to another USB connector.
- Remove the IC recorder from the computer, restart the computer and connect it again.
While charging the battery, CONNECTING and the charging indicator are displayed in an animation.
When the charging indicator indicates FULL , battery charge is completed. (Charging time: approx. 4 hours.)