How to resolve when Walkman does not work and OPR lamp is flashing from green-orange-red in loop?
This FAQ is to troubleshoot and resolve the following symptom:
- WALKMAN does not work.
- The OPR lamp is flashing from green to orange to red in loop.
Try the following steps to resolve the issue.
- Slide the POWER switch to the ON position to turn your WALKMAN on.
- Charge the battery fully by connecting your WALKMAN to the computer.
When you use your WALKMAN for the first time, or if you have not used your WALKMAN for a long time, it may take a few minutes to be recognized by the computer, even if charging has already started (the OPR lamp lights up in red). Check that the computer recognizes your WALKMAN after you have connected it to the computer for about 5 minutes.
- Reset your WALKMAN by pressing the RESET button.
When you reset your WALKMAN, please make sure of the following.
1. The POWER switch is on the ON position.
2. Your WALKMAN is not connected to your computer.
3. Your WALKMAN is not playing back music.
- Recover your WALKMAN firmware using the program to offer from here.
About the download and recover procedure of the firmware program, please check here.
- If the approaches listed above fail to resolve the issue, consult your nearest Sony dealer.