||Confirm whether there is grime and damping wire on the interface.
- Confirm whether there is grime on the interface.
If there is grime on the interface, the display cannot work properly.
Please refer to product instruction that comes with the computer to check the monitor panel.
- Confirm the situation of damping wire (only for CRT display).
A string named damping wire will display in the interface of the CRT display.
Regarding the details, please refer to the related solutions.
- Confirm whether the problem is caused by the surrounding environment.
The display interface may be affected by electrical devices that give off or have electromagnetic wave around the computer, such as a radio.
If there is similar electrical appliance around the computer, please move the computer to a place out of electrical devices with electromagnetic wave, and then check if the issue disappears.
||Confirm whether the adjustment function (restoration, etc.) of the display has been reset.
If the display has adjustment functions, such as Reset, AutoAdjust, etc., please adjust these items to check if the display quality improves.
By using the adjustment functions of the display, user may improve the conditions below.
For example: coil distortion, display position offset, trapezoid distortion, inclination, etc.
||Confirm them after unplugging and replugging all devices.
- Cut off the power of the computer and the display when shutting down the system.
※ Cut off the power by pressing and holding the power switch of host computer for more than four seconds.
- Unplug the power source of the computer and display.
Please check if the interface pin of the display is bent. If so, please contact Sony service center.
- Reconnect all the unplugged devices from the computer host and display.
- Please plug the computer into wall socket directly instead of power board and other extended power wires.
- Please also confirm connections of power adapter when using it.
- Because connections or power adapter may cause errors, please be sure to use the attached devices user purchased.
||Confirm them after unplugging peripheral devices (including Privacy Filter) and upgraded hardware.
Please unplug all the added (connections) devices and confirm if problems have been corrected after user has uninstalled peripheral devices, upgraded memory, or added display card.
Confirm it after removing the protective filter from the display.
Please consult dealer for added display card.
If the computer has several output terminals (DVI, D-Sub, etc.), please confirm if more than two monitors are connected.
If so, please connect only one monitor to the computer to test the issue.
In addition, please confirm the output directions of output terminals (DVI, D-Sub, etc.) and whether the output terminals can be exported.
||Confirm whether BIOS interface has the same errors.
- Confirm whether the installed menu of BIOS interface can be displayed properly.
Please refer to the product instruction that comes with the computer to enter BIOS setting interface.
- Confirm initialization of BIOS.
Please refer to the product instruction that comes with the computer to initialize BIOS settings. After that, check if this resolves the issue.
If the same error occurs in the BIOS interface or has not been improved after BIOS initialization, please contact Sony service center.
||Confirm if the system settings have been changed.
- Confirm whether user can start the computer in Safe Mode.
If Windows can start in Safe Mode, the interface will display VGA (640 x 480, 16 bit).
Please confirm it after starting the computer in Normal Mode.
- Confirm whether the Desktop wallpaper has been changed.
The interface may seem blinking as the wallpaper has been changed.
Confirm if the monitor displays properly after user has changed wallpaper.
- Confirm it after restoring interface settings.
Confirm if the monitor can display properly after restoring the Desktop Display Properties.
||Confirm it after reinstalling display drivers.
Regarding how to reinstall display drivers, please refer to the information below.
||Perform a system recovery.
Please perform a system recovery if the monitor still cannot display properly after reinstalling display drivers.
Regarding the details, please refer to the product instruction that comes with the computer.
If the same errors occur after the system recovery, please contact Sony service center.