How can I quickly launch the camera from the lock screen? ( Xperia 1 III & Xperia 5 III)
Is there a fast way to take a photo? / How can I quickly open the camera? / How can I take a picture without having to unlock my screen first? / How can I take a photo from the lock screen with the camera key? / How can I fast activate the camera from the lock screen? / Can I open the camera with the power button?
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Note: In Xperia 1 III & Xperia 5 III, the Camera app function has been merged to Photography Pro basic mode.
Overview of ways to quickly launch the camera from the lock screen
- Press the camera key
- Swipe the camera icon from the lock screen.
- Press the power key twice.
To launch the camera by pressing the camera key
If your device has a dedicated camera key, you can use it to quickly launch the camera. This feature is activated by default.
- When the screen is in sleep mode or from the lock screen, press and hold down the camera key until the camera launches.
You can adjust this feature so that the camera will both launch and capture a picture, or turn the feature off, by going into Photography Pro → Menu → Launch with camera key → Off
To launch the camera by swiping the camera icon
- To activate the screen, briefly press the power key.
- To launch the camera, swipe the camera icon upwards.
To launch the camera by pressing the power key twice
- Find and tap Settings → System → Gestures → Jump to camera / Quickly open camera
- Toggle the slider on/off
- When the screen is in sleep mode or from the lock screen, press the power key twice.