The following steps may differ between Android versions. To learn which Android version your device has, find and tap Settings > About phone > Android version. If you do not see About phone under Settings, tap System.
- Make sure that NFC is activated on both devices.
- Make sure that the screen of your device is unlocked and active.
- Hold your device and the other NFC compatible device so that the N-Marks of both devices make contact, and then slowly move your device in all directions. The NFC detection area is generally indicated by (NFC icon).
- Remove any protective case or cover from your device to verify that it's not blocking the connection.
- Make sure that your device isn’t already connected to another NFC compatible device. If so, disconnect them, and try to connect to the other device again.
- In some cases, NFC sensitivity may not be strong enough to connect using NFC. If so, use Bluetooth technology instead of NFC to connect the devices.