If any of these issues occur when doing firmware update,
- The update stops midway.
- The message “Software transfer failed” was displayed mid-update, and the update does not continue.
- The update freezes at the “Please wait...Downloading software....” screen.
- The update freezes at the “Please wait...Updating...” screen.
It might be due to the following condition which cause the update to stop before completion.
- Other Bluetooth devices are connected to the smartphone (wearable device, etc.).
- The headset and mobile device have an unstable Bluetooth connection.
- The headset or mobile device have a low battery.
- There is radio wave interference, such as when there is a wireless LAN nearby.
- The automatic power off function is on, and the headphone has not been worn for more than 5 minutes. (WF-1000XM3 only)
Please try the following steps to resolve the issue
- Tap Cancel on the Headphones Connect app to cancel the update.
- Turn off power to all Bluetooth devices connected to the mobile device being used for the update.
NOTE: If another Bluetooth device registered to the Headphone Connect app, or a device compatible with Bluetooth Low Energy (wearable device, smartwatch, etc.), is connected to your device, the update may not be possible.
- Turn off the mobile device. Then turn it back on.
- Close the Headphones Connect app.
- Charge your headphones and the mobile device.
- Launch the Headphone Connect app on the mobile device.
- Make a Bluetooth connection between your mobile device and the headphones via Headphone Connect app.
Check the Bluetooth connection by playing music from your mobile device with your headphone's left and right units.
- Check if the automatic power off function is enabled. (WF-1000XM3).
By default, the auto power off function is enabled, so the power will turn off automatically if not wear the headphones for about 5 minutes. Please update the headphones again after disabling the auto power off function. Use the Headphones Connect app to change the auto power off settings. Please update the headphones again after disabling the auto power off function.
- Perform the update again using the Headphones Connect app.
Check the following before you perform the update again:
- Turn off or close all other apps running on the mobile device.
- Keep the headphones as close to the mobile device as possible.
- Keep other devices that transmit radio waves, including Bluetooth and Wi-Fi devices, away from the headphones and the mobile device.
- When using an iOS device (iPhone, iPad, etc.), turn off Google Assistant.