- Why doesn’t the battery charge to 100 percent?
- The power lamp (white) and the charge lamp (red) are blinking at the same time
- The charge lamp blinks (red) while supplying power to another device via the USB OUT jack
- The projector does not charge
- The projector automatically shuts down during use
- The power does not turn on
- The projector stops responding
- When I connect the MP-CD1 with an iPhone/iPad via a 'Lightning - Digital AV adapter' with HDMI cable, the volume level cannot be adjusted
- I cannot project certain streaming media/Video on Demand content with Miracast
- When the projector is connected to a PS3 via HDMI cable, the picture is not projected
- The projector is connected via HDMI but no image is being displayed
Why doesn’t the battery charge to 100 percent?
When the internal battery temperature is high, the charge amount is automatically restricted for safety purposes. Especially when images are projected while charging the MP-CD1 itself, the internal battery temperature tends to be higher. That is why a longer charging time is required than while you are projecting.
You can charge the MP-CD1 more effectively by turning it off.
The power lamp (white) and the charge lamp (red) are blinking at the same time
This combination indicates that an internal error may have occurred. Try turning the power off and on again.
The charge lamp blinks (red) while supplying power to another device via the USB OUT jack
- The USB-C cable may not be connected correctly. Disconnect the cable and reconnect.
- The charging current of the connected device may be exceeding the typical 1.5A output current of the MP-CD1's USB OUT jack.
- Check the specifications of your device.
The projector does not charge
- Confirm that cable, connector, adaptor etc. are connected correctly.
- To charge the MP-CD1, use the "USB-C IN jack" (printed indication of "DC IN 5V")
Note that the USB OUT jack can only be used for power supply to another device and cannot be used to charge the MP-CD1 itself.
- In case the internal battery is already fully charged, it will not charge further.
Please check the battery charging level via the LED indication (Quick 1 second power button press).
The projector automatically shuts down during use
- The remaining battery power is low. Charge the battery.
- The projector could shut down automatically to protect itself when it is used in ambient temperature over 35°C. In such case, let it cool down and operate again.
- Even though the MP-CD1 is charged by an AC adaptor, it might shut down while both projecting and supplying power to another device via the USB OUT jack or MHL connection. This is because the power received from the AC adaptor is less than the total power consumption of both projection and power supply to the other device.
This means that the remaining battery power will eventually go to 0%. Please turn off the power of MP-CD1 and charge it via AC adaptor.
The power does not turn on
- Remaining battery power may be low. Charge the battery.
- If the battery cannot be charged, please press the power button for more than 10 seconds.
- Please be sure to use the projector at ambient temperatures between 0 °C and 35 °C.
- Turn the power on and off again.
The projector stops responding
If the projector freezes, press and hold the power button for more than 10 seconds to initiate a reset.
When I connect the MP-CD1 with an iPhone/iPad via a 'Lightning - Digital AV adapter' with HDMI cable, the volume level cannot be adjusted
The volume level of iPhone/iPad cannot be adjusted due to iPhone/iPad product specification.
Try and connect the MP-CD1 with an external speaker to circumvent this: the sound volume can be adjusted by the speaker's adjustment function.
I cannot project certain streaming media/Video on Demand content with Miracast
Some contents can’t be played with Miracast due to copyright protection.
When the projector is connected to a PS3 via HDMI cable, the picture is not projected
Unlike the PS4, (that automatically detects any resolution) the PS3 always remembers the last used resolution setting. This can cause a black screen to appear when you previously played HD content. You can easily fix this by following these instructions:
- Turn off the PS3, then connect MP-CD1 and PS3 with the HDMI cable.
- Turn on the PS3 by pushing the power button on the main unit (not the remote controller) for more than 5 seconds.
The projector is connected via HDMI but no image is being displayed
- Confirm that the cable, connector, and adaptor are all connected correctly.
- If you use a non-HDMI capable device through an HDMI converter, please check whether your device actually supports the HDMI signal.