There is flickering, flashing, or blinking noise on the screen when watching something like a dark scene.
The noise may have been produced during the recording of the video or image. This type of noise may happen when a camera with a high resolution setting records a scene at night or in the dark.
To resolve this, adjust the following settings on your Android TV™ or Google TV™.
- Open the Settings screen. How to access Settings
- The next steps will depend on your TV menu options:
- Select Display & Sound — Picture — Clarity.
- Select Display & Sound — Picture — Advanced settings — Clarity.
- Select Display — Picture — Advanced settings — Clarity.
- Adjust the following settings:
- Change Digital noise reduction from Auto to High.
- Change Random noise reduction from Auto to High.
NOTE: For some video sources, noise may still appear if Random noise reduction is set from Auto to High. In this case, set the Random noise reduction to Off.
- Decrease Sharpness to 50.
- Change Reality Creation from Auto to Manual, then decrease the Resolution value.