The Windows Update Control Panel is a new feature included with Windows 8.1 Update 2 which provides information regarding when and what time the latest windows updates has been installed. This information is especially useful for troubleshooting windows update related issue.
Follow these steps to access the Windows Update Control Panel.
- Point to (but do not click) the lower-right or top-right corner of the screen, and then click to select the Settings charm.
NOTE: The Windows Logo + I key combination will also take you to the Settings screen.
- In the Settings screen, in the lower-right corner, click Change PC settings.
- In the PC Settings screen, click Update and recovery.
- In the Update and recovery screen, the Windows Update Control Panel will be displayed:
- The Windows Update Control Panel before Windows 8.1 Update 2 has been installed:
- The Windows Update Control Panel after Windows 8.1 Update 2 has been installed: