Selecting RAW format for images must be done after starting the Smart Remote Control app on the camera and connecting your Android or iPhone device. Follow these steps:
NOTE: Menu step and the images shown are for Smart Remote Control Ver.3.00. Menu step and the images will differ depending on the version of Smart Remote Control.
- Ensure that a memory card is inserted in the camera.
- Start the Smart Remote Control app on the camera.
- Start PlayMemories Mobile on your smart device and connect to the camera.
- Once a connection is established (camera image displayed on smart device), press the Menu button on the camera.
- Use the direction buttons to move to Menu 2.
- Select Quality.
- Select RAW & JPEG.
- Press the Menu button to exit the settings.
Images taken using the Smart Remote Control app will now be saved in both RAW and JPEG format on the memory card.
- The Smart Remote Control app has its own Quality setting and must be set after the app is started. Once set, the Smart Remote Control app will remember its quality setting until it is changed.
- You cannot shoot in RAW & JPEG using the NEX-5T with the built-in Smart Remote Embedded app.
- Be sure you have downloaded the latest version of the Smart Remote Control app from the PlayMemories Camera Apps web site.