Location information may not be acquired. See the following.
- When you use a camera equipped with a GPS function
Confirm that the GPS log is set to ON in the SETUP settings.
If is shown for triangulating status in the display panel, location information is not acquired.
- When a GPS function is equipped with the Live-View Remote
Check if GPS Setting is set to ON on Remote Control Setting of the supplied Live-View Remote.
The location information is not acquired when the GPS triangulating status displayed on the LCD panel of the Live-View Remote is .
When triangulating ends, following information display is shown.
- The GPS antenna is built into the front side of the Live-View Remote. Therefore, it may take time to finish triangulating or be unable to triangulate if the Live-View Remote faces down.
- GPS log/location information is recorded only when the Live-View Remote is connected to the camera via Wi-Fi.
When you perform the following, the camera stops other functions and searches for satellites, which makes triangulation easier.
- Press the NEXT button, select SETUP, then press ENTER.
- Press the NEXT button, then select GPS.
FDR-X1000V, HDR-AS200V, HDR-AS100V
- Press the NEXT button to display SETUP, then press the ENTER button.
- Press the NEXT button to display CONFG, then press the ENTER button.
- Press the NEXT button to display DPS.
When triangulating completes or to cancel searching for a satellite, press the NEXT button to display BACK, then press the ENTER button.
Triangulating may take time or may be unavailable depending on the triangulating condition such as place or time, even if the camera receives information from multiple satellites. The length of time before triangulation finishes can be reduced if the GPS assist data is imported to your camera. Use the PC software “PlayMemories Home” or “Action Cam Movie Creator” to import the latest GPS assist data.
- Location information may not be acquired depending on the triangulating location such as indoor locations, under the shade of buildings, near transmission towers and lines.
- When you record with the GPS function, avoid the places where radio signals are blocked or reflected, such as a shadowy place surrounded by buildings or trees. Use the camera in environments, with a clear view of the sky such as an outdoor location or terrace.