Check the sound volume or muting settings as follows.
For Windows (Windows 7 is used as an example)
- Select Start - Control Panel - Hardware and Sound - Manage audio devices.
- When the Sound window is displayed, select the Playback tab, and then select.
- When the Properties window is displayed, open the Levels tab to check the volume level.
For Mac (Mac OS X is used as an example)
- Select the Apple menu, select System preferences - Sound, and then select the Output tab.
- Select Sony USB DAC Amplifier from the Select a device for sound output list.
- If the Mute check box has a check mark in it, remove the check mark.