How to switch from a local user account to a Microsoft account.
From a local user account, follow these steps to log in to a Microsoft® account:
- Point to (but do not click) the lower-right or top-right corner of the screen, and then click to select the Settings charm.
NOTE: The Windows Logo + I key combination will also take you to the Settings screen.
- In the Settings screen, in the lower-right corner, click Change PC settings.
- In the PC Settings screen, click the Accounts tab.
- On the Accounts tab, click the Switch to Microsoft Account button.
NOTE: If prompted to confirm your current account, type the local account password and then click the Next button.
- In the Sign in to your Microsoft account screen, enter a valid email address and password, and then click the Next button.
- At the Help us protect your info screen, select how you would like to get the security code, and then click the Next button.
NOTE: The selected email, text or phone contact will be sent the security code. This security code will be used as verification to verify your identity.
- At the SkyDrive is your cloud storage screen, click the Next button.
- In the Switch to a Microsoft account on this PC screen, click the Switch button.