How to set up a connection with a Bluetooth enabled device in Windows 8.
Follow these steps to set up a connection with a Bluetooth device.
- Set the external Bluetooth device to discovery mode , per the manufacturer's instructions.
- Make sure the internal computer Bluetooth adapter is enabled.
- On the computer, in the new Windows User Interface (UI) Start screen, click the Desktop tile.
- On the Desktop, point to (but do not click) the lower-right or top-right corner of the screen, and then click to select the Settings charm.
- In the Settings screen, click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, click Hardware and Sound.
- In the Hardware and Sound window, under Devices and Printers, click Add a device.
- In the Add a device window, click to select the desired Bluetooth device and then click the Next button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Some Bluetooth devices require a code to be entered on the device, others require a code to be entered on the computer. Some devices, such as a mouse, do not require a pairing code at all. Consult the manufacturer's instructions for the device for pairing specifications.
- If the operating system does not recognize the device's pairing specifications you may be presented with the following choices: