Images that can be transferred from a Sony Wi-Fi enabled camera to a smartphone or tablet by PlayMemories Mobile and the location where they are saved.
PlayMemories Mobile can be used to transfer JPEG still images or MP4 movies (except XAVC S).
Images that can be transferred
- Still images: JPEG format
- Movies: MP4 format (except XAVC S)
NOTE: Still images taken in 3D will be transferred as JPEG（2D） files.
Images can be transferred in the sizes Original, 2M, or VGA. (Ver. 2.0 or later)
- AVCHD format movies cannot be transferred.
- Sound-only files recorded by HDR-MV1 (.WAV files) cannot be transferred.
- Movies recorded in PS mode, HS120 mode, or HS240 mode cannot be transferred to an iPhone or iPad.
- Due to the specifications of iPhone 4, portrait-orientation movies with resolution of 1080 or greater （MP4 files) cannot be transferred (can be transferred with iPhone 4s or later models).
- Examples of movies that cannot be transferred
- With HDR-MV1 : MP4 (1920x1080)
- With Action cam : HQ mode (1920x1080)
- With DSC-TX300V : MP4 12M (1440x1080)
When using the Android operating system, images are stored in the PlayMemories Mobile folder in the gallery. When using iOS, the images are transferred to the Camera Roll.
NOTE: Not all cameras have Wi-Fi capability or an Airplane mode. For details, refer to the manual supplied with the product.