How to troubleshoot a Walkman player that does not turn on or function properly
Follow these troubleshooting steps if the Walkman player displays any of the following issues:
- The Walkman player does not turn on when pressing the power button even when fully charged.
- The Walkman player does not function normally.
- The display on the Walkman player is blank.
- The Walkman player does not turn off.
Make sure the Walkman player is turned on.
NOTE: If there is no operation for an extended period, the Walkman will turn off automatically. When you turn on the Walkman again, it will take a while before the power comes on.
Ensure that the HOLD function is not activated.
If the HOLD switch is set to the HOLD position, slide the switch to the opposite position.
NOTE: If your Walkman player does not have a HOLD switch, go to step 3.
Reset or restart your Walkman player.
- The procedure to reset or restart is different depending on the models. Check in advance to see if your model has a reset or restart button.
- Stored data and settings will not be deleted when performing a reset or restart, but make sure to pause your music or video playback before beginning the reset or restart procedure.
For models with a RESET or RESTART button:
Update your Walkman player software to the latest version.
To update the Walkman player, visit the Sony Support website, search for your Walkman player by entering the model number.
Charge the Walkman player.
If the player doesn't turn on after the reset or restart, charge your Walkman using the supplied USB cable for at least 30 minutes and try the reset or restart procedure again.
- If you charge the Walkman when it has not been used for a long period of time, your computer may not recognize it, or the Walkman may not respond.
- If the Walkman cannot charge the battery, refer to The Walkman battery cannot be charged article.
If the issue is still unresolved, the product may need service.