Article ID:581615(modified 26 Feb 2014)
Thank you for your continued interest in Sony products.
Sony is offering a system software update for Digital Still Camera Cyber-shot ™ DSC-QX10/QX100.
Improvements after firmware upgrade
- ISO Setting added
- Movie Recording size changed: MP4 1440 x 1080(30p) to MP4 1920 x 1080(30p)
- Shutter Speed Priority Shooting mode added (DSC-QX100 only)
- Mac OS X v.10.6 – 10.9
* Starter edition is not supported.
** 64-bit and Starter editions are not supported.
Other system requirements
- CPU: Intel processor
Note: Core Solo and Core Duo processors are no longer supported.
- Hard disk space: 200MB or more
- RAM: 512MB or more
Note: Please close all other application software before updating the system software.
- Power source for the camera
Fully charged rechargeable battery pack NP-BN.
Note: The upgrade can be performed only when the remaining battery level is (three marks) or more. We recommend that you use a fully charged battery.
- USB cable supplied with the camera
Note: Update functionality is not guaranteed with any other USB cable.
Updating the system software (DSC-QX10/QX100)
- When performing the system software update, please use a fully charged rechargeable battery pack NP-BN.
- Do not remove the battery during the update; otherwise, the camera may become inoperable due to the sudden power shutdown.
- Remove the memory card from the camera beforehand.
- Download the update file
Please save the downloaded file onto the Desktop of your computer (recommended).
Refer to the Help Guide(online manual) when you would like to know details.
- Start up Firmware Updater
- Double-click the downloaded file. Do not connect the camera yet at this point.
- Update_DSCQX10V2 or Update_DSCQX100V2 is expanded.
- Double-click the icon.
- To load a kernel extension, the message prompts you to allow the application to make changes. Type the password for the administrative account.
- Firmware Updater starts up.
- Connect the camera to the computer
Remove the memory card from the camera beforehand.
- Connect the camera to the computer with the supplied USB cable.
- After confirming the above, click Next on Firmware Updater.
Below screen appears on Firmware Updater
While this appears on the LCD monitor of the camera.
Note: From now on, never turn off the camera until the system software update is completed.
- Check if the updating is required
- After confirming the screens, click Next. The current version and the version after the update appear on the lower left part of the screen.
- After confirming Current version number is less than 2.00, click Next.
Note: If Current version is Ver.2.00, the upgrade is not required. According to the message, stop the USB connection and click Finish. Turn off the camera, remove the battery pack, and then turn on the camera again.
- Reset the camera
- The screen below appears.
- Press the Shutter button. to execute.
Note: The screen turns off when the ENTER button is pressed. Please proceed to the next step.
- Click Next on Firmware Updater.
- Start the update
Note: Never turn off the camera nor disconnect the USB cable while updating.
- After resetting, reconnection of the camera is verified, and the screen below appears.
- Click Run to start the update.The progress bar appears while updating (approximately 10 minutes).
- Complete the update
When the update is completed, the following screen appears.
Click Finish and disconnect the USB cable.
Note: Turn off the camera, remove the battery pack, re-insert the battery pack and then turn on the camera again.
- Check the system software version
Follow the instruction below to confirm the system software version is Ver.2.00.
If the ISO setting is visible then the system software has been successfully upgraded to Ver.2.00.
- Connect your smartphone and camera using the PlayMemories Mobile app
- Select the Program Auto mode