Article ID:581588(modified 26 Feb 2014)
Thank you for your continued interest in Sony products.
Sony is offering a system software update for Digital Still Camera Cyber-shot ™ DSC-QX10/QX100.
Improvements after firmware upgrade
- ISO Setting added
- Movie Recording size changed: MP4 1440 x 1080(30p) to MP4 1920 x 1080(30p)
- Shutter Speed Priority Shooting mode added (DSC-QX100 only)
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8
- Windows 7 SP1
- Windows Vista* SP2
- Windows XP** SP3
* Starter edition is not supported.
** 64-bit and Starter editions are not supported.
Other system requirements
- Hard disk space: 200MB or more
- RAM: 512MB or more
* Please close all other application software before upgrading the firmware.
- Power source for the camera
Fully charged rechargeable battery pack NP-BN.
Note: The upgrade can be performed only when the remaining battery level is (three marks) or more. We recommend that you use a fully charged battery.
- USB cable supplied with the camera
Note: Update functionality is not guaranteed with any other USB cable.
Updating the system software (DSC-QX10/QX100)
- When performing the system software update, please use a fully charged rechargeable battery pack NP-BN.
- Do not remove the battery during the update; otherwise, the camera may become inoperable due to the sudden power shutdown.
- Remove the memory card from the camera beforehand.
- Download the update file
Please save the downloaded file onto the Desktop of your computer (recommended).
Refer to the Help Guide(online manual) when you would like to know details.
For Windows 8 users:
Under the initial settings of Internet Explorer, the update file will be saved in the Downloads folder. Click the Desktop tile from the Start screen and find the downloaded file in the Downloads folder by using Explorer.
- Start up Firmware Updater
- Close all currently running programs on your computer.
- Double-click the downloaded file.
- Firmware Updater starts up.
- Connect the camera to the computer
Remove the memory card from the camera beforehand.
- Connect the camera to the computer with the supplied USB cable.
If the computer cannot find the camera, the message “ Could not find the camera for this update.” appears on the computer display. Try the following if this happens.
- Disconnect the USB cable and connect it again.
- If the computer has multiple USB terminals, try with the other terminals. (Your computer may have some USB terminals on the backside.)
Sometimes when the camera is connected to the computer with the USB cable, the message to encourage rebooting the computer may appear on the computer display. In this case, remove the battery pack from the camera, reboot the computer, and follow the procedures from “2. Start up Firmware Updater“.
- Confirm is displayed on the task tray at the lower right corner of the computer screen.
- After confirming the above, click Next on Firmware Updater.
Below screen appears on Firmware Updater
While this appears on the LCD monitor of the camera.
Note: From now on, never turn off the camera until the system software update is completed.
- Check if the updating is required
- After confirming the screens on Figures 3 and 4, click Next. The current version and the version after the update appear on the lower left part of the screen.
- After confirming Current version number is less than 2.00, click Next.
Note: If below screen appears, the update is not required. According to the message, stop the USB connection and click Finish. Turn off the camera, remove the battery pack, and then turn on the camera again.
- Reset the camera
- Click on the task tray at the lower right corner of the computer screen to stop the USB connection.
Note: Please keep the USB cable connected even after stopping the USB connection on the computer with the above operation.
- Press the Shutter button. to execute.
Note: The screen turns off when the ENTER button is pressed. Please proceed to the next step.
- Click Next on Firmware Updater.
- Start the update
Note: Never turn off the camera nor disconnect the USB cable while updating.
- After resetting, reconnection of the camera is verified, and the screen below appears.
- Click Run to start the update.The progress bar appears while updating (approximately 10 minutes).
- Complete the update
When the update is completed, the following screen appears.
Click Finish and disconnect the USB cable.
Note: Turn off the camera, remove the battery pack, re-insert the battery pack and then turn on the camera again.
- Check the system software version
Follow the instruction below to confirm the system software version is Ver.2.00.
If the ISO setting is visible then the system software has been successfully upgraded to Ver.2.00.
- Connect your smartphone and camera using the PlayMemories Mobile app
- Select the Program Auto mode