Article ID:480932(modified 04 Jan 2012)
NEX-C3A, NEX-C3D, NEX-C3K
Thank you for your continued interest in Sony products.
Sony is offering a firmware upgrade for Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera NEX-C3.
Improvements after firmware upgrade
- To be compatible with Mount Adaptor LA-EA2.
Note: While using LA-EA2, Face Detection, Smile Shutter does not work.
Click here for more details about benefits provided by firmware version 02.
Applicable firmware version
Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera NEX-C3 with firmware version Ver.01.
How to check the firmware version
- Select Menu → Setup → Version on the camera.
- The firmware version is displayed. If your firmware version is Ver.02 or later, the upgrade is not required.
- Mac OS X v.10.5 – 10.7
* The 64-bit kernel is not supported.
* In case of v.10.7, start up by 32 bit mode
Other system requirements
- CPU: Intel processor
- Hard disk space: 200MB or more
- RAM: 512MB or more
* Please close all other application software before upgrading the firmware.
- USB cable supplied with the camera
- Power source for the camera
Fully charged rechargeable battery pack NP-FW50 or AC adaptor AC-PW20 (sold separately)
Note: The upgrade can be performed only when the remaining battery level is (three marks) or more. We recommend that you use a fully charged battery or the AC adaptor AC-PW20 (sold separately).
File name: NEX-C3V2_Update1112a.dmg
File size: 76.3 MB (76,291,491 bytes)
Updated on: 15th December 2011