Article ID:422480(modified 04 Aug 2011)
Thank you for your continued interest in Sony products.
Sony is always concerned about customer satisfaction and therefore is offering a software upgrade program for Mount Adaptor "LA-EA1".
Improvements after firmware upgrade
- Support for the autofocus function when A-mount lens is attached to the camera.
The following SAM lenses and SSM lenses are supported.
DT18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM [SAL1855], 28-75mm F2.8 SAM [SAL2875], DT55-200mm F4-5.6 SAM [SAL55200-2], DT30mm F2.8 Macro SAM [SAL30M28], DT35mm F1.8 SAM [SAL35F18], DT50mm F1.8 SAM [SAL50F18], 85mm F2.8 SAM [SAL85F28]
Vario-Sonnar T* 16-35mm F2.8 ZA SSM [SAL1635Z],
Vario-Sonnar T* 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM [SAL2470Z],
Distagon T* 24mm F2 ZA SSM [SAL24F20G],
70-200mm F2.8 G [SAL70200G], 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM [SAL70300G], 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM [SAL70400G], 300mm F2.8 G [SAL300F28G]
* With an A-mount lens attached, the autofocus speed will be slower than when an E-mount lens is attached. (It takes approximately 2 to 7 seconds (based on Sony’s measurement standard). It may vary depending on the subjects or brightness of the shooting environments.)
* Firmware upgrade of the Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera NEX-3, NEX-5 (sold separately) is also required.
Applicable firmware version
Mount Adaptor "LA-EA1" with firmware version "Ver.01"
How to check the firmware version
- Attach the mount adaptor and the A-mount lens to the camera, then turn on the camera.
- Select Menu → Setup → Version on the camera.
- The firmware version is displayed. If your firmware version is Ver.02 or later, the upgrade is not required.
- Windows® XP* SP3
- Windows® Vista** SP2
- Windows® 7
* 64-bit and Starter editions are not supported.
** Starter edition is not supported.
Other system requirements
- Hard disk space: 200MB or more
- RAM: 512 MB or more
* Please close all other application software before upgrading the firmware.
- USB cable supplied with the camera
- Power source for the camera
Fully charged rechargeable battery pack NP-FW50 or AC adaptor AC-PW20 (sold separately)
Note: The upgrade can be performed only when the remaining battery level is(three marks) or more. We recommend that you use a fully charged battery or the AC adaptor AC-PW20 (sold separately).