Say Yes to Music and No to Sweat with Sony’s New Truly Wireless WF-SP800N Sport Headphones
(ASIA PACIFIC, May 8, 2020) – Sony today announced the WF-SP800N sport headphones, its newest wireless noise canceling model. Designed for an active lifestyle, the WF-SP800N is perfect for any activity, whether it be running for the train or on the treadmill. This powerful sport headphone enhances music experiences with a secure fit, IP55 rating for water and dust resistance and long battery life.
“With the perfect combination of noise canceling and sweat resistance, these headphones help any athlete stay focused on their goals,” said Mr. Yukihiro Kitajima, General Manager, Video & Sound Division, Consumer Business Group, Sony Electronics Asia Pacific. “Whether you’re working out at home or hitting the running trails, WF-SP800N brings your motivation to the next level.”
Durability and Long Battery Life
- Do More with WF-SP800N’s IP55 Rating: An IP55 rating means that splashes, sweat and dust won’t stop these water-resistant headphones or the workout. Their soft-cushioned arc supporter and three-dimensional curved design ensure a secure, comfortable fit. And after a tough training session, users can even wash them off.
- Keep the Workout Going with Extended Battery Life: The compact charging case offers power on-the-go. Holding a full charge, the case provides 18 hours of music playback with noise canceling switched on and up to 26 hours switched off. When in a hurry, 10 minutes quick charging gives up to 60 minutes of music playback. Thanks to a Bluetooth® chip borrowed from the award-winning WF-1000XM3 truly wireless headphones coupled with an optimised antenna design, the earphones ensure a stable connection with outstanding listening.
Superior Sound & Noise Cancelation
- Boost the Beat with Noise Canceling and EXTRA BASS™: The WF-SP800N features the latest noise canceling technology to block out distractions like the sounds of the street or the barbells at the gym. EXTRA BASS™ delivers powerful, punchy, low-end sound, helping users power through their work or workout. With the free-of-charge “Sony | Headphones Connect” companion app, it’s easy to customise the audio to create a relaxed listening experience at home or to boost the bass to charge up a workout.
- 360 Reality Audio Compatibility: 360 Reality Audio can be enjoyed on the WF-SP800N headphones when combined with an Android™ smartphone/iPhone that has a participating streaming services app installed. 360 Reality Audio offers a custom immersive musical field that is perfectly optimised for each individual user when utilising the “Sony | Headphones Connect” app.
- Smart Listening for Any Environment: Adaptive Sound Control automatically adjusts ambient sound settings to suit the current environment for the ultimate listening experience. Ambient Sound Mode also lets users control the sounds that they want to let in, which can be customised in the “Sony | Headphones Connect” companion app from level 0 to level 20.
- Control at Your Fingertips: Smart control technology enables users to play, stop or skip through music and adjust the volume by simply placing a finger on the right earbud and then turn down the music by placing a finger on the left earbud. The quick attention feature instantly turns the volume down and lets in ambient sound so users can chat without needing to remove the earbuds.
- Wearing Detection: Never miss a beat thanks to wearing detection, which automatically detects when the earbuds are taken out. Pause the music instantly by taking one of the earbuds out and the music will automatically resume when the earbud is put back in again.
- Voice Assistant: Manage the day with ease using Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa. Enjoy entertainment, connect with friends, get information, listen to music and notifications, set reminders and more.
The WF-SP800N will be available in selected countries in Asia Pacific from mid June 2020.
For additional details on 360 Reality Audio, please visit: www.music.com/360RA
About Sony Electronics Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd.
Based in Singapore, Sony Electronics Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd. is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation. It serves as the regional management and marketing headquarters for Sony’s consumer as well as broadcasting and professional products, overseeing Asia, Middle East and Africa regions. For more information on Sony’s products and services in Asia Pacific, please visit www.sony-asia.com
About Sony Corporation
Sony Corporation is a creative entertainment company with a solid foundation of technology. From game and network services to music, pictures, electronics, semiconductors and financial services – Sony’s purpose is to fill the world with emotion through the power of creativity and technology. For more information, visit: http://www.sony.net/
For media enquiries, please contact:
BlueCurrent for Sony Electronics
Asia Pacific and Singapore
Tel: +65 6671 4707
Sony Electronics Asia Pacific
Tel: 65 6544 7428
One full charge with charging case. Up to 9 hours with earbuds and up to 9 hours with charging case, total 18 hours when using noise cancelation and BLUETOOTH® connection.
 Headphones Connect app requires download to iOS devices from App Store or for Android TM devices from Google Play. 360 Reality Audio requires subscription to compatible online music service and third-party terms, conditions, account and fees may apply.
 These settings can be customised using the “Sony | Headphones Connect” app.
 Need to change the assignment of the touch panel with Sony | Headphones Connect App. This app lets you assign alternative options.
 Google is a trademark of Google LLC. Amazon Alexa and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. The Google Assistant and Alexa are available in select languages and countries/regions. Install the Sony | Headphones Connect app and change the assignment touch panel.