Article ID:480885(modified 05 Jan 2012)
Thank you for your continued interest in Sony products.
Sony is offering a firmware upgrade for Interchangeable Lens Digital HD Video Camera Recorder NEX-VG10.
Improvements after firmware upgrade
- To be compatible with Mount Adaptor LA-EA2.
- Additions of the Peaking function at manual focus mode
Click here for more details about benefits provided by firmware version 03.
Benefits provided by previous upgrade program (Ver.02) and included in version 03.
Applicable firmware version
NEX-VG10 with firmware version Ver.02 or earlier.
How to check the firmware version
- Select Menu → Setup → Version on the camera.
- The firmware version is displayed. If the firmware version is Ver.03 or later, the upgrade is not required
Other system requirements
- Hard disk space: 200MB or more
- RAM: 512MB or more
Note: Please close all other application software before upgrading the firmware.
- USB cable supplied with the camera
Note: Update functionality is not guaranteed with any other USB cable.
- Power source for the camera
Fully charged rechargeable battery pack NP-FV70 or NP-FV100 (sold separately) or AC adaptor AC-PW10AM
Note: The upgrade can be performed only when the remaining battery level is (three marks) or more. We recommend that you use a fully charged battery or the AC adaptor AC-PW10AM.
File name: NEX-VG10V3_Update1112a.dmg
File size: 57.2 MB (57,196,000 bytes)
Updated on: 15th December 2011