Travel in a smart and safe style whilst staying focused on the road with the new XAV-AX8000 and XAV-1500, Sony’s latest in-car media receivers
- XAV-AX8000 features a large 8.95-inch display and single-DIN rear chassis with 3-way adjustable mount alongside the latest smartphone connectivity
- XAV-1500 with WebLink™1 Cast for smartphone mirroring on a 6.2-inch updated anti-glare touchscreen
(ASIA PACIFIC, December 18, 2019) – Sony introduces its XAV-AX8000 and XAV-1500 in car audio receivers, teaming together some of the most advanced and amazing displays yet. The new sound and extensive usability features enhance your driving experience in a way that is safer and smarter for use on the roads.
“Without doubt, the use of larger, more vibrant screens on in-car dashboards allow drivers and passengers the convenience of having the ultimate entertainment and navigation experience while on the go”, said Mr. Yukihiro Kitajima, Director, Video & Sound Asia Pacific. “Besides these, Sony’s newest media receivers also features a range of exciting connectivity options like Apple CarPlay2, Android Auto™3 and WebLinkTM1 Cast that provides a user the power of convenience.”
Key Features of the XAV-AX8000 Media Receiver
Looking for directions on maps or changing your music will no longer be a distraction from the road in front of you with the XAV-AX8000. Safety and innovative design are at the heart of Sony’s interests. The perfect convergence of lighter touch operation and improved visibility makes everything easy to see at a glance, an essential feature when on the road.
- 8.95-inch, anti-glare display hovers seamlessly over the dashboard and works in a single-DIN space; the sturdy mount can be adjusted in three directions to allow for flexible installation in a wide variety of vehicles4
- WebLinkTM1 Cast – WebLink is a lightweight app delivery platform designed especially for in-vehicle use; using the Android or iOS device connection, it is now updated with a capability to mirror smartphone screen right on the XAV-AX8000 display – for reliable, responsive infotainment anytime on the road (available by firmware update)5
- Sleek aluminum key terminal – The ergonomically designed key terminal gives instant access to the basic operation that includes voice control, source selections and sound adjustments while minimizing distractions
- Customisable Wallpaper – Allows changing its wallpaper to the preset color choices or user’s favorite JPEG image saved in a USB device (user’s favorite available with firmware update)5
- Quick wake-up – It is ready to hit the road soon after ignition is turned on6
- FLAC audio file compatible – Free Lossless Audio Codec compresses without any loss in quality; it can play back FLAC files with up to 24-bit depth and sampling frequency at 48 kHz7
- High voltage 3-preout – The 5-volt signal offers clearer sound with less distortion when the head unit is connected to a power amplifier for future acoustic expandability
- Sound optimisation – The Dynamic Stage Organiser (DSO) creates vivid sound image as if there were speakers on the dashboard; the 10-band equalizer (EQ10) with 10 pre-sets provides easy and effective frequency adjustment for various listening environments
- 55Wx4 MAX/20Wx4 RMS DRA2 with EXTRA BASS™8 circuitry – A built-in, 4-channel amplifier delivers 55 watts x 4 (max. at 4 ohms) / 20 watts x 4 (RMS at 4 ohms) output power with DRA2 (Dynamic Reality Amp 2) power IC; the EXTRA BASS™ works to reproduce clear, punchy sound at any volume level; the two-mode boost steps allow for both delicate and heavy boost settings
- Rear view camera ready – The image of a connected rearview camera is seen when the vehicle’s transmission lever is shifted to the “R” (Reverse) position or when tapping the “Rear Camera” icon on the home screen
Key Features of the XAV-AX1500 Media Receiver
XAV-1500 will revolutionise your driving experience.
- 6.2” anti-glare touchscreen display with lighter touch operation and improved visibility as well as space saving installation with a single-DIN rear chassis
- Mirror your smartphone screen on the XAV-1500 with WebLink™1 Cast and connect through Bluetooth for hands-free calling and wireless audio streaming.
- Bring the bass to your journey with EXTRA BASS™ which produces clear punchy sound at any volume level. Along with sound optimization such as DSO (Dynamic Stage Organizer), 10-band equalizer as well as FLAC audio fie compatibility7, you can enjoy powerful and quality sound wherever you are going.
- Discover the stress-free wake up feature, ready to hit the road soon after the ignition is turned on6. The XAV-1500 is also rear-view camera ready with customisable guidelines enabling you to reverse safely and easily.
Both new models will be available in selected countries in Asia Pacific.
- XAV-AX8000 from early 2020
- XAV-1500 from middle of 2020
For full product details of
- XAV-AX8000, please visit: https://www.sony-asia.com/electronics/in-car-receivers-players/xav-ax8000
- XAV-1500, please visit: https://www.sony-asia.com/electronics/in-car-receivers-players/xav-1500
About Sony Electronics Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd.
Based in Singapore, Sony Electronics Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd. is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation. It serves as the regional management and marketing headquarters for Sony’s consumer as well as broadcasting and professional products, overseeing Asia, Middle East and Africa regions. For more information on Sony’s products and services in Asia Pacific, please visit www.sony-asia.com
About Sony Corporation
Sony Corporation is a creative entertainment company with a solid foundation of technology. From game and network services to music, pictures, electronics, semiconductors and financial services – Sony’s purpose is to fill the world with emotion through the power of creativity and technology. For more information, visit: http://www.sony.net/
For media enquiries, please contact:
|Kavya Rai and Geena Hui|
BlueCurrent for Sony Electronics
Asia Pacific and Singapore
Tel: +65 6671 4707 / +65 6671 4428
Sony Electronics Asia Pacific
Tel: +65 6544 7715
1 WebLink is a registered trademark of Abalta Technologies, Inc. in the U.S. and a trademark in the other countries. App compatibility may vary by region. For required smartphone operation systems, visit: https://www.abaltatech.com/weblinkfaq
2 Apple, iPad, iPhone, iPod, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Apple CarPlay is a trademark of Apple Inc.
3 Google and Android Auto are trademarks of Google LLC.
4 When installing, ensure access to vehicle’s original equipment and make sure the unit does not obstruct driver’s field of vision.
5 WebLink™ Cast and User’s favorite image option for the XAV-AX8000 will be available with upcoming firmware update. For details, visit https://www.sony-asia.com/electronics/support.
6 Less than 6.5 seconds. Time measured approximately until safety caution is displayed.
7 Decodable file property. Reproduction through Linear PCM conversion to 24 bit / 44.1kHz.
8 EXTRA BASS is a trademark of Sony Corporation.