Sony Electronics announces new in-car media receiver with upgraded connectivity
(ASIA PACIFIC, 9 June 2021) – Sony introduces the new XAV-AX8100 in-car media receiver, offering new utility features, powerful sound and smart features.
The XAV-AX8100 is an updated model of the well-regarded current product (XAV-AX8000). While maintaining all the sophisticated design, seamless utility, smart features, and powerful audio, the new model is updated with an additional HDMI input that allows customers to enjoy extended connectivity, offering choices with more complete options.
Key Features of the XAV-AX8100 Media Receiver
- 95-inch Large Display with “Antiglare” Clear Responsive Touchscreen – Whether drivers are getting directions, looking for a song on their smartphone, or customizing their audio, the oversized 8.95-inch anti-glare touchscreen makes everything easy to see at a glance for safer use on the road.
- 3-way adjustable display mount for flexible installation – The AX8100 features a sturdy and adjustable mount that works in three directions. With flexible installation options, it can be installed in a variety of vehicles.
- Sleek “Brushed” Aluminum Key Terminal – The ergonomically designed sleek key terminal offers instant access to source selections and sound adjustments while minimizing distractions.
- HDMI Connectivity – Newly added HDMI connectivity allows users to hook up an external audio and visual source device.
- 3-Pre-Out – For future expandability, the 3-pre-out connectivity allows users to build a full acoustic system, including a subwoofer, a mono amplifier and a 4-channel amplifier for even louder and more powerful sound reproduction.
- Apple CarPlay – Apple CarPlay integrates an iPhone with the car audio’s display and controls, enabling users to make phone calls, access music, send and receive messages, get directions optimized for traffic and more while the driver stays focused on the road. Apple CarPlay now supports third-party navigation apps, so it provides even more choices to get to the destination.
- Android Auto™ – Designed with safety and convenience in mind, Android Auto is a simpler way to use a smartphone with the car’s display. Drivers can stay focused, connected and entertained, keeping their eyes on the road and hands on the wheel, while using voice to help with daily tasks.
- WebLink® Cast – WebLink is a lightweight app delivery platform designed especially for in-vehicle use. Using an Android or iOS device connection, it can mirror a smartphone screen right on the car audio display to offer reliable, responsive infotainment.
- Rearview Camera with Adjustable Parking Guidelines – Use the connected rearview camera when shifting the vehicle’s transmission lever to the reverse position or simply tap the Rear Camera icon on the home screen.
- Quick Wake Up – Drivers are ready to go right after turning on the ignition.
- Sound Optimization – Digital Sound Processing (DSP) enables drivers to make adjustments while creating a sound field ideal for the inside of vehicles. The Dynamic Stage Organizer (DSO) creates an ambient sound as if there were speakers on the dashboard. The 10-band equalizer (EQ10) with 10 presets offers easy and effective frequency adjustment for various listening environments.
- FLAC Audio File Compatible – Free Lossless Audio Codec (FLAC) compresses without any loss in quality. It can play back FLAC files with up to 24-bit depth and sampling frequency at 48 kHz.
- 5-Volt 3-Pre-Out – Sony’s head unit with high voltage 3-pre-out offers a 5-volt signal, offering clearer sound with less distortion.
The XAV-AX8100 will be available in selected countries in Asia Pacific from June 2021.
For a full product details, please visit: https://www.sony-asia.com/electronics/in-car-receivers-players/xav-ax8100
About Sony Electronics Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd.
Based in Singapore, Sony Electronics Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd. is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation. It serves as the regional management and marketing headquarters for Sony’s consumer as well as broadcasting and professional products, overseeing Asia, Middle East and Africa regions. For more information on Sony’s products and services in Asia Pacific, please visit www.sony-asia.com
Sony Corporation is responsible for the Electronics Products & Solutions (EP&S) business in the Sony Group. With the vision of “continuing to deliver Kando and Anshin to people and society across the world through the pursuit of technology and new challenges,” Sony will create products and services in areas such as home entertainment & sound, imaging, and mobile communications. For more information, visit: www.sony.net.
For media enquiries, please contact:
BlueCurrent for Sony Electronics
Asia Pacific and Singapore
Tel: +65 6671 4707
Sony Electronics Asia Pacific
 When installing, ensure access to vehicle’s original equipment and make sure the unit does not obstruct your field of vision. For details, consult your installation specialist beforehand.
 The terms HDMI, HDMI High-Definition Multimedia Interface, and the HDMI Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing Administrator, Inc.
 Apple, iPad, iPhone, iPod, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Apple CarPlay is a trademark of Apple Inc.
 Google and Android Auto are trademarks of Google LLC.
 Less than 6.5 seconds. Time measured approximately until safety caution is displayed.
 Via USB terminal only. Decodable property with USB 1: up to 48 kHz /16-bit. USB 2: 48 kHz / 24-bit.
 When connected to external amplifiers.