Terms & Conditions
Sony (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd. ("Sony") is responsible for the Ultra Singapore Contest (Contest) held in Malaysia. You are eligible to join the Contest only if you agree to and accept the following terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions"). Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before participating in the Contest. By submitting an entry to the Contest, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Sony reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, suspend or amend the Contest and/or these Terms and Conditions without any liability to you should there be unforeseeable events which in Sony's absolute opinion may jeopardize the process of the Contest. Any cancellation, suspension or changes to the Contest and/or these Terms and Conditions will be revised and reflected as an update(s) here. In the event of disputes regarding the Contest or the Terms and Conditions of the Contest, Sony shall have the right to make final decision.
Terms & Conditions
How to Participate?
- The Contest is valid from 7 May 2018 – 30 May 2018.
- Product purchases entitled for contest entry are all SONY EXTRA BASS headphones or SONY wireless speaker purchased only from Sony's Extrabass store located in Sunway Pyramid.
- The Contest is open to all Malaysian residents and permanent residents living in Malaysia only. Participants must be the legal age of 18 years and above by 30 May 2018.
- Employees of Sony Malaysia, their advertising and promotion agencies and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible for the Contest.
- To participate, entrant must purchase any EXTRA BASS, take a picture with the product in our Sony ExtraBass store located at Sunway Pyramid. Post them on your social media (Facebook / Instagram) with a caption "why do you want to go to Ultra Singapore?" The best / creative answer will stand a chance to win a pair of ticket to Ultra Singapore.
- Setting on the entrant’s social media should be set to public.
- Each posting must have the hashtag #SonyExtrabassSunway #UltraSingapore.Entrant must submit the answers on or before the last day (i.e. on 30 May 2018) at 23:59:59 (Malaysia time). By submitting the Contest entries, you thereby (a) specifically authorizes Sony to use and/or have third parties to use such entry in whole or in part, throughout the world, in perpetuity in or on any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, and alone or together or as part of other information, content and/or material of any kind or nature for the marketing purpose; (b) represents and warrants that all elements contained in the Contest entries (i) is original to you or fully cleared for use as contemplated herein, (ii) does and will not, in any way, violate or breach any of the terms of any other agreement you may be a party to, (iii) is not unlawful information, infringes or violates any copyright or other right (including the image rights), (iv) does not contain libelous, tortuous, or the publication or sale of which will violate any federal or state statute or regulation, (iv) is not obscene or in any other manner unlawful, and (v) shall not require Sony to pay or incur any sums to any person or entity as a result of Sony's use or exploitation of the same. You shall indemnify and hold harmless Sony and its affiliates from and against any claim, action, damage, loss and costs and expenses (including legal fees and professional fees) arising from or in connection with any breach of the foregoing.
- viii. Sony reserves the right to disqualify all entries that do not meet the rules and regulations of the Contest as described in these Terms and Conditions. These include entries submitted with invalid or incorrect information.
- Top Six (6) winners will be selected for the contest purpose of
- The winner will receive one pair (2) of Ultra Singapore ticket to Singapore worth $310SGD. Sony Malaysia reserves the right to substitute the Prize with another prize of comparable value.
- In the event that a Winner (i) does not respond to Sony within seven (7) days of being notified by Sony of his/her win; (ii) refuses to provide his/her name, address and contact information for the purpose of delivering the Prize; (iii) has breached any Terms and Conditions herein; or (iv) his/her entry is invalid for whatever reasons, his/her Prize will be forfeited and Sony shall be entitled to select another Winner.
- In the event that any Winner is disqualified from the Contest, Sony, at its sole discretion, may decide whether a replacement Winner should be selected. In this event, any further Winner will be selected on the same criteria as set out in the Terms and Conditions. Sony can repeat this process any number of times until it has selected a satisfactory Winner in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- The Prize is non-refundable, non-transferable and not redeemable for cash. Sony reserves the right to replace any Prizes with items of similar value without prior notice.
- Winners are required to collect the Prize from Sony Malaysia's office at Level 11, Centrepoint South, The Boulevard, Mid Valley City, Lingkaran Syed Putra, 59200 Kuala Lumpur by 8 June 2018. No delivery is allowed and Prizes not collected after the Deadline will be forfeited.
- Outstation winners, Sony Malaysia will be informed on the venue & date to collect.
- Sony Malaysia has the final decision pertaining to any dispute on selection of Winner. Any appeals made including appeals to check the status of the entries, will not be entertained.
- The Management Panel may require the Winner to provide a valid identification document before awarding the Prize.
- Sony reserves the right to withhold the Prize pending verification of the Winner’s compliance with the Terms and Conditions of the Contest.
- Acceptance of any Prizes shall constitute consent on the Winner’s part to allow the use by Sony of the Winner's name, nickname, My Sony ID (if applicable), image, voice, likeness and/or the fact that the Winner won the Prizes for editorial, advertising, promotional, marketing and/or other purposes without further notice or compensation, except where prohibited by law. Acceptance of any Prize shall constitute a release and discharge of Sony by each Winner from any and all liability, claims, demands, causes of action, and/or damages which the Winner may have, whether known or unknown at the present time, of any nature whatsoever, arising out of or relating to: (i) the Contest, (ii) personal injury and/or property damage, theft or loss suffered by the Winner as a result of the use and/or enjoyment of the Prize, and/or (iii) any tax liabilities in relation to the Contest, Prize and/or use or enjoyment of the same.
- Winners agree to be contacted by Sony or its authorized representatives to participate in public relations events tied to the Contest to generate press coverage of the Contest and the accessories range. This may include, but not be limited to, quotes given for inclusion in press releases and press conferences, interviews, etc.
- You hereby agree to grant and authorise Sony Malaysia, (i) the right to collect, use, process and disclose your name, telephone number, email address and other personal details for the purpose of administration in relation to the Contest; and (ii) the right to publish your photos, names, age, profiles and any other personal data or information for the purpose of advertising and marketing in any medium without any prior notice; and for any and all purposes set out in the Data Protection Policy of Sony.
- You further agree to grant and authorise Sony Malaysia, without compensation, gain or rewards, a non-exclusive and irrevocable license to use, republish, edit and/or modify the Contest photo in any media for marketing and promotional purposes which include but not limited to the following: (i) judge the Contest; (ii)publication at Sony Malaysia's websites (including but not limited to Sony Malaysia Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/SonyMalaysia),books, magazines or similar, for the purpose of promoting Sony Malaysia, its products and the Contest; (iii)display the winning entries at public exhibitions for the purpose of promoting Sony Malaysia, its products and the Contest; and (iv)share with social media for the purpose of promoting Sony Malaysia, its products and the Contest.
- Where there are images or personal information of other individuals appearing in or associated with your entry and the Contest photo, you confirm that the individuals have consented and agreed to you providing the images and personal information to Sony Malaysia and that Sony Malaysia may use the images and personal information for the purpose of this Contest.
- You shall hold Sony Malaysia and all of its officers, directors and employees free and harmless from any liability arising from claims or suits of third parties, including costs and expenses incidental thereto, in connection with the use of the Contest photo.
- It is your responsibility to protect the Contest photo and entry against any unauthorised use by a third party. Sony Malaysia assumes no responsibility and is not liable for any image misuse.
- You may only submit one entry per receipt in this Contest. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted.
- Sony Malaysia assumes no responsibility for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, and Sony Malaysia assumes no responsibility for technical, hardware or software failure of any kind, for lost network connections, garbled computer transmissions, other problems or technical malfunctions with regard to the Contest. Sony Malaysia assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, corruption, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries. Sony Malaysia is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail addressed to Sony Malaysia on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the internet or any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to your or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Contest. If for any reason an entry cannot be viewed or is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failures, Sony Malaysia assumes no responsibility.
- Sony Malaysia accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities or injury incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Contest or accepting any prize. Sony Malaysia further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to you or any other properties relating to or resulting from your participation in the Contest.
- Sony Malaysia reserves the right to disqualify and/or exclude any entries from the Contest, for any reason or for no reason, including without limitation, violation of any portion of these Terms and Conditions.
- Sony Malaysia reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate or suspend this Contest without any liability to you should there be unforeseeable events which in Sony Malaysia's absolute opinion may jeopardize the process of the Contest.
- Sony Malaysia reserves the right to amend any of the Terms and Conditions of the Contest.
- In the event of disputes regarding the Contest or the Terms and Conditions of the Contest, Sony Malaysia shall have the right to make final decision.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the law of Malaysia, and each contestant irrevocably submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Malaysia.