About this download
The format software is used to re-format the Micro Vault when the Micro Vault does not function properly.
Note: Formatting will erase all data in the Micro Vault. Please perform a backup of data before starting the formatting process.
Download size: 185 KB
Updated on: 2008/08/25
Download size: 435 KB
Updated on: 2009/02/06
- Format Software for Micro Vault (serial number (underlined) is from "A" to “E”)
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
For USM J Series, please download the file according to the fourth letter in the serial number.
Note for Windows Vista users
-- When formatting Micro Vault with Windows Vista --
- Please close all application and Explorer before formatting the Mircro Vault.
- Please use the format software.
- Please try to format 2 or 3 times, in case a part of files remain in the Micro Vault USB Disk drive after formatting, in case total capacity is 0 byte, or in case format does not seem to be made completely. Otherwise, please try to format with other Operating System than Windows Vista.
- Create a folder to store the downloaded file.
- Save the downloaded file in this folder.
- When the download is completed, use Windows Explorer to browse to the folder where the S_Formatter_V30116.exe file is saved. Click View and click Details.
If the file size is the same as the download size 185KB, the download is successful. If the size is different, please delete the file and download it again.
- After the S_Formatter_V30116.exe file is downloaded, double click on the file, click RUN, then click OK. A S_Formatter_V30116 folder appears after the downloaded file is uncompressed.
- Connect the Micro Vault to the computer and double-click the format icon in the S_Formatter_V30116 folder.
- Select the drive which the Micro Vault is connected and and click Format to begin the formatting process.