This information is for the following models:
About this download
- This Lens must be attached to an E-mount body camera to perform this update.
- Some models cannot be used for this update. (model list).
- When using the PXW-FS7M2, follow the steps as specified in the PXW-FS7M2 instruction manual.
Benefits and Improvements
- Improves AF operation stability under certain conditions
Previous Benefits and Improvements
View previous benefits and improvements
- SEL70200GM Lens System Software (Firmware) Update Ver.06 (Windows)
- 4.79 MB (5 029 232bytes)
Check the system software version of your lens
Follow the instructions below to check the lens system software version. If the system software version is Ver.05 or earlier, the update is required.
- On the camera, select Menu → Setup → Version.
- The lens system software version is displayed as illustrated below.
NOTE: If you are using the QX series, start the lens system software updater on your PC and check the lens system software version by running the update.
The latest version of the lens system software update is compatible with the following versions of Microsoft Windows:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
The latest version of the lens system software update is compatible with the following hardware:
- Hard drive space: 200 MB or more
- RAM: 512 MB or more
NOTE: Please close all other application software before updating the lens system software.
Other items for α Interchangeable-lens Camera
- Power source for the camera: Fully charged rechargeable battery pack or dedicated AC adaptor (sold separately)
NOTE: The update can only be performed when the battery power level is (three bars) or more. We recommend that you use a fully charged battery or the dedicated AC adaptor (sold separately). Detach the vertical grip before updating lens system software.
- USB cable supplied with the camera
NOTE: Update functionality is not guaranteed with any other USB cable.
Other items for Camera - Broadcast & Production
- Power source for the camera: The dedicated AC adaptor
- USB cable
Download & Install
- This lens system software update can be performed only when the lens is attached to the camera. You cannot perform the lens system software update using other camera.
- Attach the lens to the camera before performing the lens system software update. Make sure the camera is turned off.
- When performing the lens system software update, please use a fully charged rechargeable battery pack or the dedicated AC adaptor (sold separately). (for α Interchangeable-Lens Camera)
- When performing the lens system software update, please use the dedicated AC adaptor. (for Camera – Broadcast & Production)
- Do not remove the battery during the update; otherwise, the camera may become inoperable due to the sudden power shutdown.
- Remove the memory card from the camera beforehand.
- Please ensure that the battery and AC adaptor are removed before the lens with the update is attached. (For professional category cameras)
- Prevent your computer from going into sleeping mode. In case the computer would go into sleeping mode and the update would be interrupted, redo the complete update process from the start.
- Ensure that all devices other than the computer are disconnected.
How to download the Lens System Software Updater:
- Make sure that you are logged on as a user with administrative rights.
- Click the Download button above.
- After reading the disclaimer, click Download.
- The Update_SEL70200GMV6D.exe file will start downloading.
- Save the file to the desktop of your computer (recommended).
NOTE: With the standard settings of Microsoft Edge, the update file will be saved in your Downloads folder. Click the Desktop tile from the Start screen and find the downloaded file in the Downloads folder by using Explorer.
Once the file has downloaded successfully, you're ready to install the lens system software update Ver.06 for SEL70200GM.
Step 1: Start the Lens System Software Updater
- Close all programs currently running on your computer.
- Double-click the Update_SEL70200GMV6D.exe file that you downloaded to start up the lens system software updater.
NOTE: The lens system software updater window appears.
- Turn on the camera. If the camera has already been turned on, turn it off and then turn it on again.
NOTE: According to the instruction on Lens System Software Updater, select Menu → Setup → USB Connection on the camera, and check if Mass Storage is selected. (If you are using the QX series, this step is not necessary.) If the mode other than Mass Storage is selected, please select Mass Storage.
- Remove the memory card from the camera beforehand. Connect the camera to the computer with the supplied USB cable.
NOTE: If an error message appears on the computer screen, please try the following methods.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the camera, then reconnect the USB cable.
- If there are another USB terminal with the computer, reconnect the USB cable to another USB terminal.
- Confirm is displayed on the task tray at the lower right corner of the computer screen.
NOTE: is not displayed on the task tray, please proceed to the next step.
- Click Next on the lens system software updater. The lens system software updater window appears on the PC and Follow computer instructions. appears on the camera screen.
NOTE: From now on, never turn off the camera until the lens system software update is completed. It might take a few minutes to screen changes depending on the camera model.
- If the message The update is not available for your model. appears, check if the lens system software file you're trying to install is the correct file for the lens which is attached to your camera. In case the correct lens system software updater is running, close the updater, disconnect the USB cable, turn off the camera, and go back to Step 1: Start the Lens System Software Updater.
- If the message Could not find camera with the lens for this update mounted. appears, check if your camera is listed in the Relevant Products section and if the camera is connected to the computer with USB cable.
- Click Next on the lens system software updater. The current version and the version after the update appear on the lower left part of the screen. If the current lens system software version is Ver.06, the update is not required. In this case stop the USB connection and click Finish, turn off the camera, remove the battery pack and/or the AC adaptor, reinsert the battery or reconnect the AC adaptor and turn on the camera.
- Update is required
- Update is not required
- Update is required
- Confirm Current version is Ver.05 or earlier, click Next. The data is being transferred to the camera (approximately 5 seconds).
NOTE: Never turn off the camera nor disconnect the USB cable while updating.
- When the data transfer is finished, the following screen appears:
- The update process starts and the progress bars is displayed on the camera (approximately 30 seconds).
- The update process is finished when the Lens update complete. message is displayed on the camera.
If you are using the QX series, the update process is finished when the screen of the QX series disappears.
- Click (USB icon) on the task tray at the lower right corner of the computer screen to stop the USB connection.
NOTE: (USB icon) is not displayed on the task tray, please proceed to the next step.
- Disconnect the USB cable.
NOTE: After finished the update, turn off the camera, remove the battery pack and/or the AC adaptor, reinsert the battery or reconnect the AC adaptor and turn on the camera.
Step 2: Confirm the lens system software version is Ver.06
- On the camera, select Menu→ Setup →Version.
- The lens system software version is displayed as illustrated:
Questions & Answers
The update does not complete
If the monitor remains black for more than 15 minutes, follow these steps to troubleshoot the issue:
- Disconnect the USB cable from the computer.
- Remove the battery and AC adaptor from the camera, leave it for a few minutes, then insert the battery again or connect the AC adaptor.
- Restart the computer.
- Turn on the camera and perform the installation process again.
SEL70200GM Lens Firmware Update Ver. 06 (Windows)
Improves AF operation stability under certain conditions