This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and Improvements
- Improves general performance of the TV/Monitor
- Corrected(Fixed) the security vulnerability of web browser
*This firmware contains a fix for the security vulnerability discovered by the Viettel Cyber Security team working with Trend Micro’s Zero Day Initiative. We would like to thank them for their support.
Previous Benefits and Improvements
- Only for use with TV/Monitor sold in Taiwan. Not all models are sold in all countries.
Your software may already be up to date. If you're not sure, it's easy to check which version of software you have by following these instructions:
- Press the HELP button on the remote.
- On the TV/Monitor screen, the software version number is shown below the model name.
- Model: KD- / KE- / XBR-xxxxxxxx
- Software version: PKG-xxxxxxxx
If the version number is PKG6.0466.xxxx or higher, you already have the most recent software version and updating is not required.
There are 2 ways to update the firmware on your BRAVIA TV:
- Using the Automatically check for update function (easy)
NOTE: Your TV/Monitor may indicate the Software is up to date even if the newer version is not installed. The updates for Automatic software downloads are staggered releases and may not be immediately available. Please try again later. If you prefer to update now, follow the instructions to download and install the software update using the USB flash drive method.
- Using a USB flash drive
Using the Automatically check for update function (easy):
Sony provides software updates in order to enhance functionalities and provide users with the latest TV/Monitor experience. The easiest way to receive software updates is to use the Automatically check for update. This setting is enabled by default.
If you have enabled Automatically check for update below, you will automatically receive a notification to update your TV/Monitor.
- Press the HELP button on the remote.
- Select System software update.
- Select Automatically check for update.
The new firmware update will be rolling out gradually to all Internet-connected TVs/Monitors over the weeks following its release.
IMPORTANT: The following "System Requirements", "File Info", "Download" and "Install", sections relate to the USB flash drive update procedure. You can ignore them if you completed the update using the "Automatically check for update" feature.
For other FAQs about Troubleshooting, please see the Questions and Answers on the Sony Support Site.
Using a USB flash drive:
You can also update the software by using a USB flash drive. If an Internet connection is not set up on your TV/Monitor, or you don’t want to wait for the update via Automatically check for update function, try to download and update using a USB flash drive as instructed below.
What You Need
- a computer with access to the Internet
- a USB flash drive
* You can update your TV/Monitor even if there are other files in the USB flash drive.
- Firmware update to v6.0466 for TV/Monitor
Zip File Name
- 1 377 390 283 bytes
- Read the instructions carefully or you could end up causing the TV/Monitor to become unresponsive or require a repair.
- Do not turn off the TV/Monitor or disconnect it from power while it's updating.
- Do not press any buttons, except the ones mentioned in the instructions.
- Stop any recording before you start the firmware update (USB HDD recording models only).
How to download the Updater:
Before you install the update, you'll need to download it from the Internet and save it to a USB flash drive.
- Download the update file to your PC.
- Click the Download button on the top of this page, then read and accept the terms and conditions.
- Click the Download button on the bottom of the page to download the update file on your PC.
- Verify the downloaded file name and size.
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded.
- Verify that the size of the sony_atvotafull_2020_1600466100_twa_auth.zip file is 1 377 390 283 bytes.
NOTE: For Windows PC, verify the Size instead of Size on disk on the Properties screen.
- Extract the downloaded file.
NOTE: After you extracted the downloaded file, you will find the file sony_dtv0FA80A0CA0AC_00004C00_16004661000059.zip.
- Insert the USB flash drive into your PC.
- Copy or drag and drop the file sony_dtv0FA80A0CA0AC_00004C00_16004661000059.zip to the root directory of your USB device.
NOTE: The root directory is the first or top-most directory of the device, which contains all the other folders.
- Remove the USB flash drive from your computer and continue to the next section.
Step 1: Install the update
Once you've downloaded the update file and prepared your USB device, you can install it on your TV/Monitor. The process can take up to 10 minutes and during the installation your TV/Monitor will turn off before turning itself back on. Please follow the simple steps below:
- Turn on the TV/Monitor.
- Make sure that no USB devices are inserted into your TV/Monitor.
- Insert your USB flash drive containing the file sony_dtv0FA80A0CA0AC_00004C00_16004661000059.zip into a USB port of the TV/Monitor set.
NOTE: Any USB slot can be used if the TV/Monitor has multiple USB ports.
- Once the USB flash drive has been detected, a series of different messages will appear on the TV/Monitor set. Follow the on-screen instructions.
NOTE: If the messages do not appear automatically, try turning the TV/Monitor off and on with the remote control.
- When the file is finished copying from the USB flash drive, the update process will begin, the POWER indicator on the TV/Monitor will begin flashing white, and the update progress screen is displayed on the TV/Monitor.
- After several minutes, the TV/Monitor will turn off and then turn back on to complete the update.
WARNING: During the software installation process, please do not:
- Remove the USB device
- Turn off the TV/Monitor
- Disconnect the TV/Monitor from the power supply
- The TV/Monitor will restart automatically once the update is completed.
- Carefully remove the USB device from the USB slot.
Step 2: Check that the update was successful
Check the current software version to confirm that the update has successfully been installed.
- If the version number is PKG6.0466.xxxx, the software update was successful.
- If the version number isn't PKG6.0466.xxxx, download and install the update again.
Questions & Answers
- Will my personal settings be deleted after the update?
No, all your personal settings will be kept.
- Can I install an older version of the software?
No. To ensure that your TV/Monitor remains at optimum performance, the installation of an older software version is not possible. The latest software version contains all the benefits and improvements of previous versions.
- Is it normal for the TV/Monitor to turn off during the update process?
Yes, it's normal for the TV/Monitor to restart during the update process. It will take longer for the TV/Monitor to restart while installing the new software.
What to do if you have problems updating your TV/Monitor firmware
If either message An error occurred during the software update or Software cannot be updated using this USB device is displayed on the TV/Monitor screen, please proceed to the following procedures for a possible solution:
- Turn off the TV/Monitor by pressing the POWER button on the TV/Monitor set.
- Press the POWER button again and proceed with the installation process again.
If the message No newer version of the TV software was found is displayed on the TV/Monitor screen, your TV/Monitor already has the newest software version installed, so you don't need to update it.
NOTE: If you are trying to update the software using a USB flash drive, check the following.
- Make sure your USB flash drive is in good working order.
- The drive must be formatted in FAT16, FAT32, exFAT or NTFS.
- The update can fail even when using a USB flash drive that meets the above conditions, depending on the size and directory structure of other files on the drive. If the update does fail, delete other files and try again with only the update file saved in the USB flash drive. If the update still fails, format the USB flash drive to FAT32 and try again.
For other FAQs about Troubleshooting, please see the Questions and Answers section on the Sony Support Site.