IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
According to your computer setup (operating system, speakers configuration, etc.), the procedure you have to go through in order to successfully pair your headphones or speakers with your computer - and hear sound through them - will vary.
Follow these preparation steps to check if it resolves the issue
- Make sure your computer has a Bluetooth module which supports the Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) Bluetooth profile.
- Drivers needed to connect your device to a computer are already included in the operating system.
- If your computer is asking for a Bluetooth driver, contact your computer manufacturer.
- If you're using a VAIO computer, Bluetooth drivers are available online. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
- Make sure you have the latest firmware installed.
You can find the latest firmware under the download section of your product or stay updated for future firmware releases by downloading and bookmarking your product on the Support By Sony mobile app.
- Reset your Bluetooth Headphones or Speakers.
Instructions on how to reset your product can be found within the help guide.
- Use your audio product close to the computer.
- Increase the volume level on the computer.
Pair your headphones or speaker to the computer
Select your operating system below for steps on how to pair your device with a computer.
Note: If you still can't pair your device to your computer or no sound is heard, try pairing your Headphones or Speakers to a different Bluetooth device such as a smartphone, or tablet that supports A2DP profile.