How to make sure the Wi-Fi feature is turned on in Windows 8.
Follow the steps below to verify wireless connectivity:
- Point to (but do not click) the lower-right or top-right corner of the screen, and then click to select the Settings charm.
NOTE: The Windows Logo + I key combination will also take you to the Settings screen.
- In the Settings screen, in the lower-right corner, click Change PC settings.
- In the PC Settings screen, click Wireless.
- Under Wireless devices, make sure Wi-Fi is turned On.
- Once the Wireless device is confirmed On, click Settings.
- Verify connection to the access point.