I cannot update my device software using a computer
The following steps may differ between Android versions. To learn which Android version your device has, find and tap Settings > About phone > Android version. If you do not see About phone under Settings, tap System.
- Make sure that the screen of your device is unlocked, and that your device is set to transfer data.
To set your device to transfer data (Android 11/Android 10/Android 9)
To set your device to transfer data (Android 8)
- When updating your device software using Xperia Companion, make sure your computer has access to the internet.
- If your computer has a firewall, make sure that the firewall doesn’t prevent the relevant update applications from running.
- If you are trying to update your device when connected to a corporate network, you might be using a proxy server. Contact your network administrator for further assistance.
- Make sure that you are using an original Sony USB cable specifically intended for your device and that it is properly connected to the device and computer.
- Make sure that the USB cable isn’t damaged. Try using another USB port on your computer.
- If your device has a memory card, disconnect your device from the computer and unmount the memory card. Then remove the memory card from your device, and connect your device to the computer again.