Windows® 7 or Windows® 10
To download and install an Xperia driver
- Computer: Download the relevant driver package from https://developer.sony.com/develop/drivers/. Make a note of the package folder name and of where you unzip the files.
- Open Device Manager. You can do this by clicking Start, and then typing device manager. Then click Device Manager.
- In Device Manager, right-click the name of your computer at the top of the device list, then click Add legacy hardware.
- In the Welcome to the Add Hardware Wizard dialog, click Next.
- Select the Install the hardware that I manually select from a list option, and then click Next.
- Highlight Show All Devices and click Next.
- Click Have Disk....
- In the Install From Disk dialog, click Browse, and then find (see your note from step 1) and select the driver file ending with adb (written as xxxxxadb, where xxxxxx is the unique file name). Click Open.
- In the Install From Disk dialog, click OK.
- Highlight the Sony xxxxxx ADB Interface Driver file, then click Next twice. The installation starts.
- Click Finish and then restart your computer.