From a Microsoft account, follow these steps to log in to a Local user account:
- Click the Start button, and in the Start menu, click Settings.
NOTE: The Windows Logo + I key combination will also take you to the Settings screen.
- In the Settings window, click Accounts.
- In the Accounts windows, under Your account, click Sign in with a local account instead.
- In the Switch to a local account window, enter the password for the account you are currently sign in with, then click the Next button.
- In the Enter the following information screen, enter info into the User name, Password, Reenter password and Password hint fields, then click the Next button.
- In the You're almost done screen, click the Sign out and finish button.
NOTE: You will be signed out of the Microsoft account you were using and will be presented with a login screen for the new Local user you just created.
- At the login screen, type the password you just set and press the Enter key.
You are now logged in using a Local user account instead of using a Microsoft account.