How to enable or disable a network adapter.
Use the following procedure to enable or disable a wired or wireless network card:
- Click the Start button and then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, under Pick a category, click Network and Internet Connections.
- In the Network and Internet Connections window, under or pick a Control Panel icon, click Network Connections.
- In the Network Connections window, click to select the desired network adapter and then perform one of the following steps:
- If you would like to enable the network adapter, in the left-pane under Network tasks, click Enable this network device.
- If you would like to disable the network adapter, in the left-pane under Network tasks, click Disable this network device.