How to change the username of a Microsoft account.
If you have associated a Microsoft account with your computer, the username of that account will be the username that is displayed in the log on and the new Windows User Interface (UI) screens of the Windows 8 operating. If you wish to change that username, you will need to change the username of the associated Microsoft account.
Follow these steps to change the username of a Microsoft account.
- In the new Windows UI Start screen, click the Internet Explorer tile.
- In the Internet Explorer window, go to https://mid.live.com/.
- At the Microsoft account website, sign in to your Microsoft account using the appropriate username and password, and then click the Sign In button.
- At the Microsoft account screen, on the Overview tab, click Edit name.
- At the Profile screen, enter the desired new names in the First name and Last name fields, and then click the Save button.
- Close the Internet Explorer window.