Windows 7 operating system drivers for the built-in Motion Eye® camera are not available on the Sony® Support Web site. The drivers for the camera are included in the operating system and should install automatically when the operating system is installed. These are referred to as Microsoft® in-box drivers.
If the webcam drivers do not install or work properly, follow the procedure below to reinstall the drivers:
1. Click the Start button and then click Control Panel.
2. In the Control Panel window, click System and Security.
3. In the System and Security window, under System, click Device Manager.
4. In the Device Manager window, click the arrow next to Imaging Devices to expand the selection.
5. Under Imaging Devices, click to select Sony Visual Communications Camera.
NOTE: It also could be listed as USB Imaging Device, USB Video device or Unknown device.
6. On the menu bar, click Action and then click Uninstall.
7. In the Confirm Device Uninstall window, click the OK button.
8. On the menu bar, click Action and then click Scan for hardware changes.
9. Click the Close button.
10. Restart the computer.
If the camera drivers still are not installed or working properly, follow the procedure below to manually install the driver:
1. Follow steps 1-3 from above to open Device Manager.
2. Click to select the camera device driver.
NOTE: It may be listed as Sony Visual Communications Camera, USB Imaging Device, USB Video device or Unknown device.
3. On the menu bar, click Action and then click Update Driver Software.
4. In the Update Driver Software window, click Browse my computer for driver software.
5. Under Search for driver software in this location, click the Browse... button.
6. In the Browse For Folder window, navigate to the C:\Windows\System32\drivers folder and then click the OK button.
7. In the Update Driver Software window, verify Include subfolders is checked and then click the Next button.
8. Click the Close button.
9. Restart the computer.