- On the menu bar, click File.
- In the File menu, click Find.
- In the Searching window, type the name of the file or folder you are looking for.
NOTE: If you do not know the name of the file, you can type the file extension instead. Searching with a file extension displays all the files on the computer that are of the same file type. See below for examples.
- To find all JPEG picture files saved on the computer, type .JPG into the search field.
- To find all RAW image files, type .ARW, .SRF, or .SR2 into the search field. .ARW is most commonly used by Sony cameras.
- To find TIFF picture files, type .TIFF into the search field.
- To find MPEG-4 movies, type .MP4 into the search field.
- To find AVCHD movies, type .MT2S into the search field.
- To find other movie files, type .MP2 or .MOV into the search field.
A list of related files or folders are displayed in the window after the search is complete. The directory where the file or folder is located is displayed at the bottom of the window.