About this download
This download content provides STR-DA5800ES driver on your computer, which will allow you to enjoy music playback from your PC connected to the USB-PC terminal (at the rear panel) of this unit.
- Windows 8 (32 bit/64 bit)
- Windows 7 (SP1, 32 bit/64 bit)
- Windows Vista (SP2, 32 bit/64 bit)
- Windows XP (SP3, 32 bit)
- Mac OS X v10.6.8, 10.7.4
Applicable models: STR-DA5800ES
Device: USB port (USB 2.0 compliant)
- Windows Media Player 11/12 (Windows OS)
- iTunes 10 (MAC OS X)
Device driver: Installation of driver is needed if PC terminal is used under Windows OS
- Mac OS
- OS X
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
Install Procedure of Driver software for PC terminal
Please install driver software by following methods - Installation of driver is not needed for MAC OS X.
- Connect the PC terminal (USB type B) in the back panel of the STR-DA5800ES, and connect the USB terminal of the Windows PC using the USB cable.
- Power on the STR-DA5800ES - Please don't disconnect the USB cable, and do not turn off the power of the STR during the installation procedure.
- Extract the compressed file by double clicking over it and execute the file “Setup.exe” in the folder.
- The install shield wizard will start. Please follow the instructions as indicated:
- Click [Next].
- Click [Install].
The driver installation will start.
- When the following window appears please click [Finish] to complete the installation.
If the installation is correctly completed, the “AV Amplifier/Receiver” is added to “Sound, Video and Gaming" controller on the computer's Device manager.
What to do when there is no sound from the PC terminal (Verification of the driver installation).
Please check the following if you cannot hear sound from your PC:
- In the STR-DA5800ES:
1. Check that the power is on and the volume is set properly.
2. Check that the input selection is set to PC.
- In the PC:
1. Check if driver is installed properly . If the installation was done correctly, the “AV Amplifier/Receiver”driver is found under the device manager, please check that the error symbol [!] is not displayed in it.
- Device manager window is displayed by left click [My computer]-> select [Property] -> select [Device manager].
- If “AV Amplifier/Receiver” is not displayed, please uninstall driver and install it again.
2. A software sound output could be selected. If this is the case, please check if “AV Amplifier/Receiver” is correctly selected.
3. If “AV Amplifier/Receiver” is selected as Playback device (to display it go to [Start]→[Setting]→[Control panel]→[Sound]), check that the volume is set to maximum and not muted at the Properties of ”AV Amplifier/Receiver”.
How to uninstall the driver software
To uninstall the driver software please do the following:
- Go to [Start] → [Setting] → [Control panel] → [Add, remove of program].
- Select [SONY AV Amplifier/Receiver] and press [Remove] or [uninstall].
- Confirm the selection.
- The software will uninstall.