About this download
x-Pict Story for Memory Card is Sony original software that allows users to easily create a video clip using photos shot with a digital camera and favorite music.
- Windows® XP Home Edition (Service Pack 3 or later, 32-bit version)
- Windows® XP Professional (Service Pack 3 or later, 32-bit version)
- Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2004 (Service Pack 3 or later, 32-bit version)
- Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005 (Service Pack 3 or later, 32-bit version)
- Windows® Vista Home Basic (Service Pack 1 or later, 32/64-bit version)
- Windows® Vista Home Premium (Service Pack 1 or later, 32/64-bit version)
- Windows® Vista Business (Service Pack 1 or later, 32/64-bit version)
- Windows® Vista Ultimate (Service Pack 1 or later, 32/64-bit version)
- Windows® 7 Home Premium (32/64-bit version)
- Windows® 7 Professional (32/64-bit version)
- Windows® 7 Ultimate (32/64-bit version)
- Windows® 8
- Windows® 8 Pro
- Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz / Intel Pentium D 2.8GHz / Intel Core Duo 1.66GHz /Intel Core2 Duo1.20 GHz or better
- 1GB or more
- 1024 x 600 or better
- A DirectX 9-compatible video card is required in order to run this software.
The following systems are not supported:
- Operating Systems other than those indicated above
- Personally constructed PCs or operating systems
- An environment that is an upgrade of the original manufacturer-installed operating system
- Multi-boot environment
- Multi-monitor environment
- Macintosh® Operating System
- x-Pict Story for Memory Card (English)
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
Download and Installation Procedures
- The software download process requires authentication of the serial number listed on your Memory Card media. Please have your Memory Card media available.
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- Click the Download button.
- At the Login for "x-Pict Story for Memory Card" download, fill in the fields for the Model Name and lot number.
Note: The Model Name section has two fields separated by a hyphen. E.g. SF-2N1
Click the NEXT button to authenticate your media information.
- At the "x-Pict Story for Memory Card" page, click the OK button.
- In the "File Download" window click the Save button to download the xPSMC_setup.exe file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the xPSMC_setup.exe file to begin the installation.
- At the "Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard for x-Pict Story for Memory Card" screen, click the Next button to continue.
- At the "License Agreement" dialog, read the agreement, then, if you agree, click the Yes button to continue with the installation.
- At the "InstallShield Wizard Complete" screen, click the Finish button.
- The installation of the "x-Pict Story for Memory Card" software is complete.
- "x-Pict Story for Memory Card" may operate incorrectly if your video card does not contain enough video memory.
- Do not run other software that plays video while using "x-Pict Story for Memory Card."
- Do not delete any of the photos or music that are used in an x-Pict Story while saving the movie as a file.
- Using "x-Pict Story for Memory Card" with a computer that has built-in speakers or has external speakers or headphones connected is recommended.
- Suspend, sleep, and standby functions that rely on the computer's timer are disabled while "x-Pict Story for Memory Card" is running.
- "x-Pict Story for Memory Card" cannot use photos stored on a file server connected to a network as material for an x-Pict Story. Copy the photos that you want to use to your computer.
x-Pict Story TM for Memory Card FAQs
How to start x-Pict Story for Memory Card?
- Click on [Start] - [All Programs] - [x-Pict Story for Memory Card] - [ x-Pict Story for Memory Card].
- If the "x-Pict Story for Memory Card" icon is displayed on your Windows desktop, simply double-click the icon.
What are the supported file format?
- This software supports the following file formats;
Photos: JPEG format (extensions: .jpeg, .jpg, .jpe, .jfif).
Music: MP3 format (extension: .mp3)