This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvements from the latest update
- Addresses a rare playback issue which could trigger a "No Data" or "Data Error" message
Previous Benefits and Improvements
- Addresses an issue where playback would sometimes not be available
- Shuffle playback function improved
- Addresses an issue where playlists cannot be played when transferred to the Walkman using Content Transfer
- Other functions improved
- Firmware update 1.03 for NW-WS413 / NW-WS414 (Mac)
- Version 1.03
- 39.2 MB (41,122,348 byte)
Check the firmware version
Do I need to download it? This update is not necessary if your Walkman has already been updated to firmware version 1.03 by the automatic firmware update function.
If you're not sure, it's easy to check which version of firmware you have
- Connect the Walkman to your computer using the USB cradle (supplied).
- On your computer, check the “information.txt” file in the [WALKMAN] folder.
- The “information.txt” file contains the following information:
- 01: Model series name
- 02: System software version
The latest version of the firmware update is compatible with most commonly used versions of Mac OS:
- OS X 10.8-10.11, macOS 10.12-10.13 (*15-03-2018)
Before you upgrade
- After updating, the firmware cannot be reverted to an earlier version.
- Please transfer all data from the unit to the computer, since data which remains on the unit may be lost when upgrading.
We cannot guarantee tracks and data will not be damaged or deleted when performing this update.
- When upgrading, the unit needs to have free space of about 60 MB. Please confirm the amount of free space is sufficient.
- If there is not enough free space in the built-in flash memory, transfer any unnecessary data back to the computer to increase free space.
Step 1: Install the update
Make sure to logon as Administrator to your computer
- Read and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Download the file to your computer.
- After completion of the download, connect your Walkman to your computer using the supplied USB cradle.
- Quit all software running on your computer
- Double click the saved file and follow the on-screen instructions.
Please do not disconnect the unit from the computer during the upgrade.
- When the message indicating the upgrade is complete is displayed, click on [Finish].
Step 2: Check the update was successful
After the update, please confirm the new version has been installed successfully by following the steps in the [Check the firmware version] section.
If the Firmware version shown is “1.03”, the upgrade was successful.