In the following cases, it is not possible to charge the battery. Please make sure of the followings:
- Alkaline battery is used. To charge the battery, use the nickel hydride rechargeable battery.
- The battery is inserted with incorrect polarity. Please check the polarity of the battery and insert it with correct direction.
- USB CHARGE of DETAIL MENU in the menu is set to OFF. To charge the batteries using the computer, set it to ON.
- System requirements of the computer have not been met.
- A USB hub or a USB extension cable is used. Connecting the IC recorder with a USB hub or a USB extension cable is not guaranteed. Connect the IC recorder directly to the computer.
- More than two USB devices are connected to the computer. Connecting more than two USB devices to the computer is not guaranteed. Connect only the IC recorder to the computer.
- The computer is turned off. After turning on the computer, connect the IC recorder.
- Playing back messages or files using the built-in speaker. While playing back messages or files using the built-in speaker, it is not possible to charge the battery. Stop the playback, and then connect the IC recorder to the computer.
- or is flashing on the display window on the IC recorder. While or is flashing instead of the remaining battery/charging indicator, the battery can not be charged. Charge the battery in an environment with a temperature ranging from 5 Celsius degree to 35 Celsius degree.
If the battery charge does not start even after checking all of the above, a connection error might be a cause. Please check the connection to the computer with the steps below.
Remove the IC recorder from the computer and connect it again.
When the computer has two or more USB connectors, try to connect to another USB connector.
Remove the IC recorder from the computer, restart the computer and connect it again.
While charging the battery, CONNECTING and the charging indicator are displayed in an animation.
When the charging indicator indicates FULL , battery charge is completed.
(Charging time: approx. 4 hours.)