How to uninstall a Windows update in Windows 8 and 8.1.
Follow these steps to uninstall a Windows update.
- Press the Windows Logo + X key combination on the keyboard and, from the list, click Control Panel.
NOTES: Because the Control Panel is a traditional Windows Desktop application, if you were not already there, the interface will change to the Desktop and the Control Panel window will open.
- In the Control Panel window, click Programs.
- In the Programs window, click Programs and Features.
- In the Programs and Features window, on the left side pane under Tasks, choose View installed updates.
- In the Installed Updates window, click to select the update you want to remove, and then click the Uninstall button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.