How to access and use the Windows Update utility.
Windows Update is a Microsoft utility that allows the operating system to receive software updates to resolve specific issues. Follow these steps to access and use the Windows Update utility to check for operating system updates.
- Point to (but do not click) the lower-right or top-right corner of the screen, and then click to select the Settings icon.
NOTE: The Windows Logo + I key combination will also take you to the Settings screen.
- In the Settings screen, in the lower-right corner, click Change PC settings.
- In the PC Settings screen, click to select Update and recovery.
- In the Update and recovery screen, click the Check now button.
- The Windows Update utility will now begin to search for any updates available for your computer.