Using My Safe function.
Private files can be stored in an encrypted form in My Safe folder, under My Documents. The corresponding shortcut is also created in the Start menu. To unlock/lock the My Safe folder, use the sensor and select the Unlock My Safe/Lock My Safe command from the Biomenu. Alternatively, select the same command from the right-click menu of My Safe in Windows Explorer.
My Safe must be created before using it for the first time. Please refer to the following steps:
1. Click Start -> All Programs -> Protector Suite QL and click My Safe.
2. Click Next, input a password in the Backup password field and click Next.
3. Set the initial size of My Safe folder.
4. Click Finish. The My Safe folder will be created.
- The default My Safe folder is 50MB. My Safe can be resized later if necessary. The maximum size of the folder is 2 GB.
- My Safe Backup Password uses at least 8 characters.
Upon completion of the steps above, the following will appear on the desktop and My Computer. Private files can be stored in an encrypted form in My Safe folder.
Management features for My Safe are accessible from the My Safe page of the Settings dialog box.
To lock My Safe folder, please click the Lock button first.
Then, close all programs and the Explorer window which uses My Safe. Then click OK.
To unlock this folder, please click Unlock on the My Safe option.
To resize the folder, click Change Size first.
Resize My Safe window will appear. Set a suitable size for the folder and click OK.
To delete the folder, click Delete.
A message prompting that the folder will be moved to Recycle Bin appears.