JEITA A stands for Japan Electronic Information Technology Association (Ver 1.0).
JEITA A measuring standard is based on the following conditions:
1. Screen saver: None.
Right-click on the desktop→ Personalize →Screen saver→ None
2. Volume control: Mute.
Select the Volume icon on the taskbar→ Right-click→ Open volume Mixer→ Mute
3. Switch off the Wireless LAN switch
Select the Wireless Function icon on the taskbar→ Right-click→ Show main dialog→ Uncheck Enable Wireless LAN→ Click apply
4. Complete the initial settings of McAfee Security Center
5. Turn off the Windows automatic updates
Start→ Control panel→ Windows update→ Automatic updating off
6. Close Windows Sidebar
Right-click the Windows Sidebar icon on the taskbar, and then select Exit.
Common settings in Control Panel - Power Options
* Power Plan
1. Go to Control Panel - Power Options, select VAIO Maximum Battery
VAIO Maximum Battery is hidden under Show additional plans by default.
* Plan Settings
1. Turn off the display: Never
2. Put the computer to sleep: Never
*VAIO Maximum Battery Management
1. Go to Change plan settings - Advanced settings - Battery - Low battery action - On battery
2. Select Do nothing.
*Adjust the brightness of the LCD
Change the brightness level to 0 with Fn & F5 or F6 key.
Please refer to the steps below.
1. Fully charge the battery of the notebook.
2. Play the video clip which stored on the HDD Drive continuously.
Please refe to the following to obtain the test media file.
a. Visit http://it.jeita.or.jp/mobile/e/index.html
b. Click 3. MPEG measurement file and then click MPEG file for JEITA Battery Run Time Measurement Method approx. 30MB
c. Save the MPEG file onto the HDD Drive.
3. Calculate the running time after unplugging the AC adaptor until the notebook shuts down automatically.
For more information on JEITA A Battery Run Time Measurement Method for VAIO notebook, please visit the following website.