JEITA A measuring standard is based on the following conditions:
1. Set the desktop background to VAIO Long Battery Life Wallpaper 1366x768
Right-click on the desktop -> Personalize -> Desktop Background and then select VAIO Long Battery Life Wall Paper (1366*768)
2. Set Volume control to Mute
Rignt-click the Volume icon on the taskbar -> Select Open volume Mixer - Click Mute icon
3. Switch off the Wireless LAN switch4. Do not change initial settings of McAfee Security Center
5. Click Start -> VAIO Control Center -> Power Management -> Power Options -> Uncheck Automatically enter Hibernate mode when battery is low.
6. Close the Prepare your VAIO
1. Select VAIO Maximum Battery
Control Panel - Power Options, Select VAIO Maximum Battery
2. Go to Change plan settings -> Change advanced power settings -> Advanced settings tab
Sleep After - Never
Dim display after - Never
Turn off display After - Never
1. Go to Control Panel -> Power Option -> Advanced Settings and then set brightness to 28%
2. Do not change the size of Windows Media Player and do not set to full screen mode.
Please refer to the steps below
1. Fully charge the battery of the notebook.
2. Play the video clip stored on the HDD Drive continuously.
Please refer to the following to obtain the test media file.
a. Visit http://it.jeita.or.jp/mobile/e/index.html
b. Click 3. MPEG measurement file and then click MPEG file for JEITA Battery Run Time Measurement Method approx. 30MB
c. Save the MPEG file onto the HDD Drive.
3. Calculate the running time after unplugging the AC adaptor until the notebook shuts down automatically.
For more information on JEITA A Battery Run Time Measurement Method for VAIO notebook, please visit the following website.