Smart Remote Control is only supported for installation on select Sony camera models.
Visit the PlayMemories Camera Apps site for information about supported cameras.
If your camera comes with the embeded version of the app, please update to the latest version from PlayMemories Camera Apps site.
The mobile devices such as smartphone or tablet must first have the PlayMemories Mobile app installed to use Smart Remote Control. You can download the PlayMemories Mobile app for free from the Google Play Store or from the App Store.
Below are some of the more frequently asked questions on Smart Remote Control.
- What is the PlayMemories Camera Apps Smart Remote Control?
- How can I shoot in RAW with Smart Remote Control?
- Will the Smart Remote Embedded app be deleted if the camera settings is reset by selecting Initialize?
- Unable to select RAW+JPEG format when using the Smart Remote Control app.
- When shooting using Smart Remote Control of "PlayMemories Mobile," the movies are not recorded in the smartphone.
- The camera takes longer to respond when using the Smart Remote Control app.
- The focus mode setting in the PlayMemories Mobile app is not available when using Smart Remote Control app and a lens with AF/MF switch is attached.