Full Specifications & Features
Full Specifications & Features
- 166 x 72 x 8.9 mm
- 211 g
- Display Size
- 6.5" 21:9 wide display
- Display Resolution
- 4K HDR OLED (3840 x 1644)
- 120Hz Refresh rate, 240Hz Motion blur reduction, 240Hz Touch scanning rate, Creator mode "powered by CineAlta" - Inspired by Master Monitor colour reproduction, DCI-P3 100%, ITU-R BT.2020 (REC.2020), Illuminant D65 White point, 10 bit tonal gradation, X1™ for mobile, 21:9 Multi-window, Multi-window switch, One hand mode
- Image playback format
- JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP, WebP, WBMP, HEIF, DNG, CR2, NEF, NRW, ARW, RW2, ORF, RAF, PEF, SRW
- Video playback format
- H.263, H.264, H.265, MPEG-4 Video, AV1, VP8, VP9
- Water Resistant
- Water resistant(IPX5/IPX8), Dust proof(IP6X)
- Corning® Gorilla® Glass Victus™ (Front), Corning® Gorilla® Glass 6 (Rear)
- Triple lens camera
Rear Camera (1)
- 1.0-type Exmor RS sensor
- Focal length
- 24 mm
- Field of view
Rear Camera (2)
- 1/2.9" Exmor RS for mobile sensor
- Focal length
- 50 mm
- Field of view
Rear Camera (3)
- 1/2.5" Exmor RS for mobile sensor
- Focal length
- 16 mm
- Field of view
- Photography Pro, ZEISS® quality lenses calibrated specifically for Xperia PRO-I, ZEISS® Tessar Optics and T* coating, Up to 20fps AF/AE, Up to 60 times per second continuous AF/AE calculation, Real-time Eye AF(Human, Animal), Real-time Tracking, 3D iToF, RGB-IR, OIS photo, LED, Photo flash, Photo light, Video light, AI Super Resolution Zoom, HDR (High Dynamic Range) photo
- Image capture format
- JPEG(.jpg), RAW(.dng)
- Cinematography Pro "powered by CineAlta", Videography Pro, 4K HDR Video recording 24, 25, 30, 60 and 120fps, OIS and EIS Video, Optical SteadyShot™with FlawlessEye™, SteadyShot™ with Intelligent Active Mode (5-axis stabilization), Slowmotion(720p 120fps), Intelligent wind filter
- Video recording format
- .mp4(H.264, H.265)
Front Camera (1)
- Field of view
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) photo, SteadyShot™ with Intelligent Active Mode (5-axis stabilization), Portrait selfie, Display flash, Hand gesture
- Hi-Resolution Audio, High-Resolution Audio Wireless (LDAC)
- Other features
- 3.5mm audio jack, 360 Reality Audio, 360 Reality Audio hardware decoding, 360 Spatial Sound, Full-stage stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos®, DSEE Ultimate, Stereo Recording, Qualcomm® aptX™ HD audio
- Playback Format
- AAC-LC, AAC+, eAAC+, AAC-ELD, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, FLAC, MP3, MIDI, Vorbis, PCM, Opus, ALAC, DSD, Dolby Atmos, Dolby AC-4, 360 Reality Audio Music Format
- Recording Format
- AAC-LC , AAC+, AAC-ELD, AMR-NB, AMR-WB
- PS Remote Play, DUALSHOCK®4 Control compatibility, Game enhancer
- Dynamic Vibration System
Memory & Storage
- Internal memory
- 512GB UFS
- External memory
- microSDXC support (up to 1 TB)
- Number of SIM
- Dual SIM hybrid
- SIM type
- Android™ 11
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 888 5G Mobile Platform
- 4500 mAh
- Charging type
- USB Power Delivery (USB PD) fast charging
- Other features
- Xperia Adaptive Charging, Battery Care, STAMINA Mode
- 2G Band
- 850, 900, 1800, 1900
- 3G Band
- 2100(Band 1), 1900(Band 2), 1700(Band 4), 850(Band 5), 800(Band 6), 900(Band 8), 800(Band 19)
- 4G Band
- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 29, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 46, 66
- 5G Band
- n1, n3, n5, n7, n8, n28, n38, n40, n41, n77, n78, n79
- A-GPS, A-GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo, QZSS
- Bluetooth® 5.2 wireless technology
- USB type
- USB version
- USB 3.2 Gen 2 (10Gbps)
- Other features
- Smart connectivity, Google Cast, NFC, Output video/image via Display Port support TypeC Cable or USB-C to HDMI Adapter Cable (Display port 4K/60fps)
- Sensor Type
- Fingerprint sensor
- Hearing Aid Compatibility (HAC), Teletypewriter (TTY) /SERVICES: Live Transcribe, Sound notifications /SCREEN READERS: Select to Speak, TalkBack, Text-to-speech output /DISPLAY: Font size, Display size, Dark theme, Magnification, Colour correction, Colour inversion, Large mouse pointer, Remove animations /INTERACTION CONTROLS: Accessibility Menu, Switch Access, Click after mouse pointer stops moving, Power button ends call, Auto-rotate screen, Touch & hold delay, Time to take action (Accessibility timeout), Vibration & haptic strength, System navigation /AUDIO & ON-SCREEN TEXT: Mono audio, Audio balance, Caption preferences /EXPERIMENTAL: High contrast text, Shortcut from lock screen
Featuring Sony's dedicated camera technologies
Combining a 1.0-type image sensor, sophisticated glass lens, and Sony's advanced image signal processors, the Xperia PRO-I achieves professional imaging quality to satisfy even the most demanding photographer.
Large 1.0-type Exmor RS CMOS image sensor with phase detection AF sensor
Based on the RX100 VII's sensor but developed and tuned exclusively for the Xperia PRO-I, the large 1.0-type sensor offers high levels of image resolution and less noise. The result is superb imaging quality with realistic textures and remarkable detail.
Highly sensitive 2.4μm pixel pitch
The 1.0-type image sensor's impressive 2.4μm pixel pitch offers high sensitivity and contributes to outstanding texture reproduction, even when shooting in low light.  Conventional  New Xperia
Less noise in low light
Thanks to the high-sensitivity 1.0-type image sensor, the Xperia PRO-I can achieve photos with less noise in low-light conditions.
Clear details in high dynamic range conditions
In high dynamic range situations, the 1.0-type image sensor enables the Xperia PRO-I to bring out the detail, both in the dark areas and the bright parts of the image.
Artistic natural bokeh effects
Another advantage of the large image sensor, the Xperia PRO-I is able to capture beautiful shots with naturally deep bokeh.
ZEISS Tessar optics featuring a glass aspherical lens
The ZEISS Tessar optics adapted for the Xperia PRO-I delivers high-resolution images with less peripheral image distortion and more intense contrast and sharpness.
Reducing reflection for superior results
The optical elements of ZEISS lenses feature T* anti-reflective coating on all surfaces and an optical design that guarantees images of superior brilliance at all times, even in unfavourable lighting conditions.
Dual aperture gives you more variety
The dual aperture of F2.0 / 4.0 lets you experiment with depth of field and portray your subject in a variety of ways.
Triple lens and 3D iToF sensor for total creative freedom
The Xperia PRO-I's 24mm lens with 1.0-type image sensor is complemented by two further lens options, a 16mm and a 50mm, enabling you to get creative with composition. A 3D iToF sensor instantly calculates the distance between the camera and your subject, ensuring fast, accurate autofocus in any scene. All 3 lenses support phase detection AF.
Processing for high-speed performance and impeccable imaging quality
The latest BIONZ X for Mobile™ image processing engine, Sony's unique front-end LSI and 1.0-type image sensor, and Sony's original image-processing algorithms, ensure accurate imaging, even with quick-moving subjects.
AF that covers more of the frame
On the Xperia PRO-I, 315 (21x15) phase detection AF points cover 90% of the frame. So AF works pretty much wherever your subject is, and is able to lock on to your subject incredibly fast.
Real-time Eye AF – for humans and animals
Real-time Eye AF lets you take stunning portraits, whether you're photographing people or animals. Even if your subject is on the move or one eye is obscured, you'll capture memorable images full of energy and expression.
Real-time Tracking keeps fast-moving subjects in focus
Using AI and a 3D iToF sensor to measure distance, Real-time Tracking can accurately detect and focus on a fast-moving subject, then keep on tracking it even if it temporarily moves out of sight. To specify your subject, simply touch it on the Xperia PRO-I display.
20fps burst shooting with less noise
The fast image sensor offers continuous burst shooting at up to 20fps, and the camera tracks subjects with AF/AE calculations at up to 60 times per second, even when they're moving erratically or at high speed. Even in low-light conditions, burst shooting with the Xperia PRO-I produces sharp images with less noise, thanks to the unique processing engine.  AF/AE calculation
The 1.0-type image sensor's fast readout helps suppress the rolling-shutter effect that can distort images when photographing fast-moving subjects.
Optical image stabilisation for shots with less blur
If your hand is unsteady when you're taking the shot, Optical Image Stabilisation technology helps deliver images with less blur, even in dark conditions.
Multi frame noise reduction
In low light or high dynamic range situations, the Xperia PRO-I can utilise multi frame noise reduction. It automatically shoots more than 10 images continuously, combines them, reduces the noise, and records them as one image to further enhance the high imaging quality.
12bit RAW for smooth colour gradation
When shooting in RAW format, the Xperia PRO-I supports 12bit which creates smooth and rich tonal gradation of the colour without banding.
Controls and settings inspired by Alpha
With Photography Pro on the Xperia PRO-I, you'll find controls usually found on professional cameras. Using an interface inspired by Alpha cameras, you can choose manual controls or automatic settings and shoot in RAW. Photography Pro also offers Basic mode for fast access to a range of easy-to-use photography features including a touch shutter button.
Shutter button gives you that true camera feel
With its dedicated shutter button, using the Xperia PRO-I feels a lot like using the Sony RX100 series. It even features the same shutter switch module and requires similar button strokes to operate AF and shutter release. You can also long-press the shutter button to quickly launch Photography Pro and start shooting immediately.
Fit a camera strap for peace of mind
The Xperia PRO-I features a built-in strap-hole, so you can easily attach a wrist or neck strap for added peace of mind when you're out and about taking photos.
High quality video with an authentic shooting experience
With its 1.0-type image sensor, the Xperia PRO-I takes the quality of your videos to another level, while Sony's unique UI helps you fully realise your creative vision, achieving shots just as you intended.
Videography Pro gives you creative control
Videography Pro on the Xperia PRO-I puts all the creative settings you need in the palm of your hand. Drawing on Sony's expertise across a range of video and movie cameras, the Videography Pro interface lets you tailor manual controls to suit your needs, or rely on auto mode for total convenience.
Eye AF for stills and videos
Sony's advanced eye-detection and tracking performance are not only the secret to beautiful still portraits: they also help you capture stunning video footage. By recognising the human or animal eye and maintaining focus on it as your subject moves, Eye AF brings videos to life as never before.
Stay focused with Object Tracking for videos
Object Tracking can automatically track a moving subject and keep it in sharp focus, even when it doesn't have eyes or its eyes are obscured from view.
Shoot video in 4K HDR 120fps
For greater creative flexibility, the Xperia PRO-I lets you shoot high quality video in 4K HDR 120fps, and select playback frame rates from 24fps up to 120fps.
Capture smooth, shake-free video
The Xperia PRO-I features the very latest Optical SteadyShot™ with FlawlessEye™, which couples the image sensor’s increased reading speed with Sony’s original algorithm for optical image stabilisation. The result is supremely smooth, shake-free video footage.
Record voices loud and clear
Normally when shooting video on an Xperia camera, sound is recorded through stereo microphones to reproduce multi-dimensional sound. But the Xperia PRO-I also features a built-in monaural microphone next to the main camera, enabling you to focus on recording speech clearly while other sounds remain in the background.
Film yourself in exceptional quality with the Vlog Monitor for Xperia PRO-I
Whether you're a vlogger, a YouTuber or just sharing with friends, the Xperia PRO-I's 1.0-type image sensor lets you film yourself with outstanding imaging quality. And by attaching the Vlog Monitor for Xperia PRO-I, you can see exactly what you're recording and create truly memorable content.
Enjoy 21:9 movie recording with Cinematography Pro “powered by CineAlta”
Record movies with similar parameters and colour settings to the professionals. Expertise from our Digital Cinema Camera engineers, Look colour management pre-sets, 21:9 ratio, 4K HDR, 120fps high frame rate, and 24, 25, 30 and 60fps give you all the tools you need.
Shoot stunning slow motion in 4K HDR 120fps
Capture high-quality slow-motion footage in 4K HDR 120fps to create dramatic and expressive moments.
Shoot, edit, send: do it all, with the Xperia PRO-I
With most cameras, once the shooting is over you head home to your laptop or PC to edit and share your work. But the Xperia PRO-I lets you do it all from one device, wherever and whenever you choose.
Deliver your images, fast
When you're out on location, you can immediately deliver the images you've just shot using the 5G network. Or connect your Xperia PRO-I to your computer by USB 3.2 Gen 2 (10Gbps) and send them from there.
Water and dust resistant
With the Xperia PRO-I, you can shoot in locations and conditions that other cameras can't, thanks to IP65/68 water resistance and protection against dust.
Large, easily expandable memory
The Xperia PRO-I has a large internal memory, with 12GB RAM for handling intensive computing tasks and 512GB ROM offering ample storage for photos, films and other files. Storage memory is easily expandable, with support for microSD cards up to 1TB, and fast transfer to and from the SD card. For convenience, no tool is needed to insert or remove SD cards or SIM cards.
Fast data transfer with USB 3.2 Gen 2
Compared to its Gen 1 predecessor, the USB 3.2 Gen 2 (10Gbps) connection lets you transfer data twice as fast from your Xperia PRO-I to your PC.
Authentic camera look and feel
With its characteristic 24mm lens and dedicated shutter button, the Xperia PRO-I echoes authentic compact camera styling. The distinctive waved-edge frame offers high grip performance and makes the body more robust.
Frosted black finish evokes iconic camera style
The frosted glass back panel and matt finish enhance the Xperia PRO-I's authentic camera feel, while the blast-treated metal frame adds a sense of strength and style.
No plastic in the packaging
As part of Sony's sustainability drive, the packaging for the Xperia PRO-I uses no plastic, with plastic components either eliminated or replaced with paper materials.