Article ID:406408(modified 23 Feb 2011)
KDL-40HX800, KDL-46HX800, KDL-46HX900, KDL-52HX900, KDL-52LX900, KDL-55HX800, KDL-60LX900
Set up a TV for 3D viewing.
This solution is designed to assist with the setup of a Sony 3D TV or 3D ready TV when using a 3D source device. Although a Sony 3D TV will work with 3D devices made by other manufacturers, we recommend referring to the operating instructions of the 3D source device for any model-specific questions.
Follow these steps to set up the TV for 3D viewing:
NOTE: 3D Ready TVs require the optional TMR-BR100 3D Sync Transmitter to be connected, optional TDG-BR100 Active Shutter 3D Glasses and 3D integrated TVs have the transmitter installed in the TV. If you have a 3D Ready TV, follow all of the steps in this procedure. If you have a 3D integrated TV, start with step 3.
- Turn off the TV.
- Connect the 3D Sync Transmitter to the 3D Sync input on the back of TV.
NOTE: Make sure that 3D Menu is displayed on the screen by pressing the OPTION on the remote control, after the connection has been completed.
- Set the 3D Sync Transmitter in a place where it is free from obstruction.
- For 3D integrated TV : Please do not put any objection in front of 3D Sync Trnasmitter which located on bottom right side of TV.
- For 3D ready TV : Setting the 3D Sync Transmitter on the top center of the TV is recommended as long as it is not being obstructed by the top of a cabinet or entertainment center.
- Connect the 3D source device to the TV using a High-Speed HDMI® cable.
NOTE: For more information regarding the HDMI cable required for 3D viewing visit http://http://www.hdmi.org
- If using a 3D capable Blu-ray Disc® (BD) player or PlayStation® 3 (PS3) console, insert a 3D movie or game title. If you have subscribed to 3D programming through your cable or satellite provider, tune the receiver or set-top box to the station with 3D programming.
NOTE: Confirm that your player does not need a software update to be capable of playing 3D BD discs. You can determine if your BD player needs a software update by accessing the customer support website for your particular model. When you have completed software update, please once eject the disc from BD player.
- Using the supplied remote, turn on the TV and press the INPUT button to select the appropriate HDMI input.
- Normally your 3D TV should automatically detect a 3D and display by 3D mode image. If this does not happen, press the 3D button on the TV remote control or select proper 3D format (Side-by-Side or Over-Under) by pressing the OPTION button and selecting 3D Format.
- If the TV does not display the 3D Format menu, your TV may be in SYNC mode. Press SYNC MENU button and select TV Control. The 3D option will now appear when pressing the OPTION button.
- At this point the image on the TV may appear blurry or out of focus. Put on the 3D glasses and synchronize (sync) them with the TV.
Please select an option after reviewing the solution above.